FSSAI Basic Registration- We believes that most of you know that there is an independent registered body that maintains your health and safety in the first place. It is an independent body run by the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Indian Government. Yes, we are talking about India’s Food Safety and Standards Authority (FSSAI), which was created under the 2006 Food Safety and Standards Act. Here we’ll tell you how to register your business with FSSAI.
FSSAI has its own eligibility criteria and benefits which will benefit all operators of the food business (FBOs).
What is the FSSAI registration?
FSSAI registration is for food companies. FSSAI Basic registration can be used online by filing an FSSAI registration form. There is an online system called the Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS), which was launched by FSSAI. Therefore, this link helps to apply for a registration/license certificate. FLRS also helps track your apps during the process. Nearly 35 countries / UTs, the license/registration certificate, has been issued online.
Who can apply?
FSSAI license registration can be deposited by the person who manufactures or sells food products either individually or through a retailer, hooker, peddler, or temporary kiosk owner. Moreover, the FSSAI license is also intended for those who plan to distribute food regularly, publicly, for example, in religious or social gatherings. Additionally, people who run a small food industry with a sales volume of less than Rs 12 / year can apply.
The documents required for FSSAI primary registration:
• A copy of the ID from the operator of the food business
• Proof of identity document such as ration card, voter identity card, bank card, driver’s license, passport, Aadhaar card, senior citizen card, identity card issued by the department
• List of planned products
Form-B (completed and signed)
• Partnership deed / Certificate of Incorporation / Articles of Association / Memorandum of Association
• Proof of workplaces such as the lease, etc.
Food Safety Management System Plan
• Supporting documents (if any) such as NOC by Municipal / Panchayat, Health NOC
The following are the procedures and procedures for registration in the FSSAI.
• The primary registration for FSSAI is for every small food business operator. Thus, they can register with the Registration Authority (RA) by submitting an application for the purpose of registration with a fee of Rs 100 / –
• The application must be submitted in Form A with a fee of Rs 100 / –
• Get a unique application reference number.
• After the above process, the RA may accept or reject the registration. Consequently, the reasons must be recorded in writing within seven days of the receipt of the application, which has been registered by the food trade operator.
• If the proposal is granted, the food trade operator may start work.
• If necessary, the RA may issue an inspection notice.
• The inspection will be done within seven days.
• If the inspection process is granted, then the inspection will be done within 30 days.
• If the process is successfully completed, registration can proceed, and FBO can begin operations.
Eligibility for applying for an FSSAI registration:
Items / Dealers Capacity
Food capacity (Milk & milk products, meat &
meat products are not allowed) Less than 100 kg/ltr per day
Milk 500 liters per day
Milk solids 2.5 Metric Ton (MT) per annum
Vegetable oil or the process Turnover of up to 100 kg or ltr per day.
Meat processing production More than 100 kgs per day or 30 MT per day.
Slaughtering capacity Less than 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50
poultry birds per day
Food units other than the above mentioned 100 ltr/Kg per day
Cold storage Turnover of up to Rs.12 lakhs per annum
Wholesalers The yearly turnover of up to Rs.12 lakhs
Retailers The yearly turnover of up to Rs.12 lakhs
Distributors The yearly turnover of up to Rs.12 lakhs
Suppliers The yearly turnover of up to Rs.12 lakhs
Dhaba owners Rs.12 lakhs turnover per annum
Clubs/Canteen Rs.12 lakhs turnover per annum
Hotels/Restaurant Rs.12 lakhs turnover per annum
Transporters Rs.12 lakhs turnover per annum
LetsComply helps you in getting your FSSAI Registration and License legally and with ease. Talk to us and get the best advice and service.
More Information: https://www.letscomply.com/fssai-basic-registration-required-documents-and-procedures/
SERVICES PROVIDED BY US:
Foreign Investment in India| Setting-up of Business in India |Virtual CFO| Virtual General Council| Income Tax | GST Registration & Returns |Trademark registration | Company Registration | LLP Registration |NGO| Company Annual Compliances | Drafting & Vetting of Agreements |Opinion & Advisory on Different Issues| FSSAI Licenses| ESI & EPF | ISO certification |Shop & Establishment Registration |MSME Registration| SEIS/MEIS Services| DGFT| Legal Notices