Nov 2019, Australia, My Generator, a leading supplier of caravan equipment’s and power generators, is helping customers to understand the benefits of using generators and batteries with the help of a caravan expert’s review.
According to their caravan experts, the heart of the campervan, motorhome and caravan is the power system. Doesn’t matter if the plan is to head off for a weekend adventure or just going all the way around the block, the most important thing to consider is how things are going to be kept powered up. There are various power systems on the market, but out of those systems’ generators and batteries are the most efficient ones. Now, the question is which one to choose for a particular caravan. According to their caravan expert’s, both generators and batteries come with pros and cons.
Here is a glance to the Pros and cons of generators and batteries according to the caravan experts:
• High current appliances. Experts says that generators can run appliances that draw high current, appliances like power tools and microwave. Whereas batteries cannot run such high current drawing appliances.
• Noise, emissions and restrictions. There are quieter generators out there. But it doesn’t matter how quiet the generator is, there will always be a slight purr of a generator on the outer wall. According to their caravan expert, this is also the reason why generators are restricted in many places. Whereas for batteries there is no such thing.
• Installations. Generators are simple in that they require no installation according to expert’s opinion. Just fill them with fuel and start the generator, whereas battery installation can be complicated and at times expensive.
• Fuel. When it comes to generators, fuel is needed to run them. So, there is always a need to carry enough for power needs. According to their experts, this adds up to the cost of running a generator. Whereas if batteries are used with solar panels, they are completely free. Sunlight does not cost a cent.
• Portability. Most of the generators are heavy and bulky. Typically two people are needed to move them around. But a type of battery, i.e., a lithium battery is lightweight and compact in their expert’s opinion, which makes them very portable.
My Generator’s caravan expert’s advice states that a perfect set-up actually includes both battery and a generator. If people are travelling in a caravan, they should have a battery and solar set-up as a basic requirement. In addition to that, expert’s say, having a lithium battery will further improve the performance for longer trips and small inverter generators will ensure that batteries can be recharged, if sunlight is not available in the trip. Also, it can run an air conditioner and other high powered appliances such as power tools.
To know more about how one can be fully ready for their next trip, visit the My Generator website today. It’s the one-stop solution for all caravan requirements.
About The Company
My Generator is Australia's premium online retailer for portable power products. They provide the largest range of high quality power products for 3 main market segments: Firstly, they offer market leading products in the Recreational Vehicle (RV) sector, being appliances for Caravans / Motorhome’s, Camper Trailers, Boats & 4WDs. This RV equipment includes caravan fridges, camping fridges, caravan air-conditioners, and many other products for RV’s. In this segment they also provide an extensive range of portable power solutions to run RV’s such as batteries, generators and associated 12v accessories. The next main segment is Generators to suit every application and budget - from small camping generators through to large prime power / industrial backup generators, and everything in between, including; inverter generators, worksite portable generators, domestic backup generators, or large stationary diesel generators. Rounding out the offering is premium power equipment products such as pressure washers, water pumps, concreting & compaction equipment, ground care equipment & tools, as well as Off-grid Solar appliances.