How to Establish Minor Guardianship?

Posted September 15, 2017 by marquezkelly

The best interest of the child is the top priority in determining minor guardianship. Legal advice and assistance from a family law Attorney is vital to ratify guardianship against opposing forces.

A minor guardianship is essential if the parents are incapacitated, deceased or when the minor inherits a property or money amounting greater than $15,000. Also, in some instance when the parent is not capable to provide a safe home and basic needs because of bad habits and abuse of alcohol or drugs. Minor guardianship is needed in order to save the minor from this unfortunate situation and to protect the best interest of the minor. The court plays an important role in determining what is best for the child’s well-being.

Guardianship is confusing and many aspects must be met to win the claim. Seeking legal advice from a lawyer is necessary to contemplate your intention to be the guardian. It will be costly and the petitioner must be wholeheartedly ready in terms of their financial and moral state for the upcoming duties and responsibilities as the legal guardian of a minor. Comfortable surroundings, healthy lifestyle, standard education and a warm-hearted home are the rights that must be granted to a minor as per federal state protection as well as annual constant monitoring of the child’s condition. The guardian appointed by the court will make decisions for the minor as long as the court’s grant the power to do so or until the minor reaches the age of 18 years old.

Who can file for the minor guardianship? The parent, sibling, relatives or anyone who has good intention and has the capacity to do the duties and function of a guardian. The guardian should establish a good relationship and quality bond with the minor.

Minor guardianship is granted with the following reasons:

With the consent from parents
The parents cease to support or look after the child.
The parental rights are nullified by the law.
The court vindicate for the child welfare to remove the parents' custody rights.

Consulting with an expert Family Law Attorney like Mellany Marquez-Kelly will help you secure a successful minor guardianship in a manner conforming to Florida law. Mellany Marquez-Kelly's in depth mastery of Florida law has helped many clients receive favorable results. For residents near Fort Myers and Cape Coral areas, consult your family law matters with Mellany Marquez-Kelly. Call 239-214-0403, for any family law legal issues.
-- END ---
Share Facebook Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF DisclaimerReport Abuse
Contact Email [email protected]
Issued By Mellany Marquez-Kelly
Website Marquez-Kelly Family Law Attorney
Phone 239-214-0403
Business Address 2077 First St #204, Fort Myers, FL 33901, USA
Country United States
Categories Law , Legal , Services
Tags minor guardianship , legal guardianship , family law attorney in Fort Myers , family law attorney in Cape Coral , minor guardianship in Fort Myers
Last Updated September 15, 2017