Tustin, California, JUNE 09, 2011 – There are lots of factors both in favor of and against becoming a security guard. You will have to learn and examine these advantages and disadvantages prior to committing yourself. This article explains several of the crucial pluses and minuses involved to help you make up your mind which is right for you.
Positive aspects :-
1. It is simple and easy to find a job as a Security Guard. See, ever since the 9/11 attacks, security positions have increased significantly in the United States. If you've ever been to the airport since 2001, you can easily tell this is correct - and it is not only in airports where the number of security guards has risen.
2. It's a great starting level for higher paying safety services employment. For example: It opens up the chance to possibly become an armed guard after completing the additional training necessary to acquire your firearms card.
3. You get to safeguard your local community and/or the company by which you are hired. it can be truly satisfying position for a person because you get to safeguard a piece of property and/or a group of people, and have persons come to you for the purpose of help when required. Sometimes during duty, you'll be contacted for help, almost in a customer care like position. Other times, you may be needed to help make contact with the police or fire department in critical scenarios, and you could possibly stop robbers and hoodlums from causing damage.
If you take that into mind, then it makes sense to become a Security Guard. But, those are the advantages. There's a negative side as well. Here are some of the drawbacks which you should also consider before entering this field.
Negative aspects :-
1. It's a comparatively low paying job at first. When you enter the protective services arena at an entry-level position, you're most likely to see a salary or income not too much higher than the minimum salary in your city. This is extremely common, especially if you serve as a store guard. Money is an important factor in job selection, so if you need a high paying position immediately, this might not be the correct path for you.
2. Work can be comparatively unsafe. You may be put in a position where your life is in danger, and that is something you will need to take into consideration before joining this field.
3. You will need to write lots of reports. Creating reports is something that all security guards must do, mainly because it helps to log and keep track of everything dubious that goes on while you're on duty. These kinds of reports may be used in the court or to help clarify any incidents that may have took place, so you must know how to write properly.
A last reason in order to avoid becoming a Security Guard is you will potentially have to walk around a lot. This may be perfect for some people, while not for other individuals. If you prefer a desk job, although there are a few security desk job type positions (for example surveillance monitors), these jobs are not broadly offered, so you will need to be regularly moving and checking your areas by foot.. Everyone should think about this point very carefully, mainly because it could result directly to sleepiness and simply just being tired after a lengthy workday. On the other side, you may enjoy the exercise and actually lose some fat if you choose to become a security guard, which may work out in your favor.
For more information, visit Security Guard Training.
Security Guard Trainings
# 35, College Road,
Tustin - 92780,
Contact: MR Singh
Phone : 09144567890
email : [email protected]