India Pharmacy Retail Market Outlook to 2020 – Growth Driven by Surge in OTC Drugs Sales and Expansion of Online Pharmacies” provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size of the India Pharmacy Retail and Online Pharmacy Retail Market. The report also covers the market segmentation on the basis of organized & unorganized pharmacies, prescribed drugs, OTC drugs & private label products, category of drugs and generic & patented drugs. The report shares the company profile and competitive landscape for major players in the organized pharmacy sector and online pharmacy market.
Pharmacy retail market in India is driven by growth in the pharmaceutical sector, registered revenues of INR ~ billion in FY’2015. With the advent of online pharmacy retailers in the market, the industry is likely to witness a surge in the coming future. The retail pharmacy in the India has escalated at a CAGR of 19.4% from INR ~ billion in FY’2010 to INR ~ billion in FY’2015. The surge in growth is chiefly guided by the escalation in urbanization, increase in household expenditures, increasing smartphone users, need for convenience and rising literacy rate in the country coupled with growing medical awareness.
The pharmacy retail market in India is majorly comprised of organized and unorganized pharmacy retailers and the market is predominantly occupied by unorganized pharmacies. There has been a recent trend of hyperlocal delivery in online pharmacies. The revenues generated through the online pharmacy sales were registered at INR ~ million in FY’2015. Tier 2 cities have accounted for ~% of the market share in the overall online pharmacy market in India whereas demand from Tier 1 cities stood as the highest at ~%. Medidart is the leading player in this domain which has registered promising revenues share of INR ~million during FY’2015.
The organized pharmacy retail market in India is primarily occupied by three main market players which are Apollo Pharmacy, MedPlus and Guardian Life care. Apollo is the leading the market players with ~ stores across India in FY’2015 and it has commanded ~% of market share in organized retail industry. Med Plus’s average annual sale per outlet is INR ~ million per store and it has a ~% market share in organized market.
In the short run, the pharmacy retail market poise a compelling opportunity with increased government spending on health care sector along with initiatives to increase health related awareness in rural regions of the country. However in the long run, the revenues pertaining to pharmacy retail market is expected to contribute the most from the OTC drugs segment.
This market is expected to grow fast as more number of companies is expected to enter into the market with wide range of OTC products. It will provide a new dimension to the overall retail pharmacy market. The growth of this market in the long run will be further infused by the shift of pharmacy store to be a “wellness store” and preference towards high quality medicines due to behavioral changes.
The market for pharmacy retail is evolving at a brisk rate. Large Investments in the market; increase in FDI in the pharmacy retail market, and changing lifestyle and disease profile of patients have been significantly changing the pharmacy retail market outlook in India. Revenues from Retail Pharmacy in India are expected to expand to INR ~ billion in FY’2020, at a CAGR of 14.0% from FY’2016 to FY’2020.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
• The market size of the pharmacy retail market.
• The market size of the online pharmacy retail market.
• Market segmentation of pharmacy retail market on the basis of organized and unorganized pharmacy, hospital based & standalone pharmacy, prescribed drugs, OTC drugs and private label products, category of drugs and generic and patented drugs.
• Market segmentation of pharmacy retail market on the basis of rural and urban demand.
• Market segmentation of pharmacy retail market on the basis of major states and their contribution in revenue.
• Market segmentation of pharmacy retail market on the basis of regional distribution of revenue.
• Market segmentation of online pharmacy retail market on the basis of by demand from cities.
• Market segmentation of online pharmacy retail market on the basis of consumer profile- gender, age and mode of payment.
• Snapshot on Online Pharmacy Market in India
• Trends and Developments in the pharmacy retail market and online pharmacy retail market.
• Business and Investment Model of Pharmacy Retail market In India.
• Competitive landscape and company profiles of the major organized players in retail pharmacy market.
• Future outlook and projections of the pharmacy retail market and online pharmacy retail market –on the basis of revenues in India.
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications