This trick is indicated especially for those times that we need a garment for that day and we do not have time or desire to put it in the washing machine.
Apple cider vinegar is a remedy that can be useful to eliminate bad odors due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which can neutralize the pestilence left by bacteria accumulated in our clothes.
To use vinegar to wash clothes and remove the bad smell, but without putting it in the washing machine, it is best to make a steam bath.
To make a steam bath of apple vinegar to clean the clothes we will follow these steps suggested by Laundry service:
- Get into the bathroom with the garment you want to wear and leave it near the shower, hanging somewhere.
- Then fill a bucket with very hot water and add half a glass of apple cider vinegar to the same bowl. Stir the mixture a little to dilute it well.
- Now it only remains to get in the shower and wash in the usual way. The environment will get wet thanks to the steam of the shower and the mixture will be impregnated in the clothes until the bad smell is removed.
Baking soda to eliminate bad smell from clothes:
As suggested by Laundry service, baking soda is a natural product that is precisely indicated for domestic use, such as dry cleaning of clothes. We include it in this list because it has on the one hand antiseptic and antibacterial properties that eliminate the accumulation of bacteria in a garment. In addition, it also contains properties that regulate the pH, so it can neutralize the bad odors of clothing.
To use sodium bicarbonate to remove the bad smell of clothing just follows these simple steps:
- Spread the bicarbonate through the areas of the garment where the bad smell is more concentrated.
- The dose you have to spread on your clothes will depend on whether there are many or few areas that smell bad.
- Once you have spread the bicarbonate throughout the garment, let it act for about 1 hour for the substance to absorb the pestilence of the clothes and then shake it until the bicarbonate powder is removed.
Even after trying these tips, if you are not able to remove the smell, you can simply use Laundry service.