USCIS Approved Translation

Posted December 1, 2017 by cinchtranslation

Even though a translator who undertakes translations for USCIS

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) is the government entity responsible for issuing work visas and green cards to eligible people. It is given a quota for the various different categories and accepts petitions from employers seeking particular candidates for their jobs who don’t live in the United States but wish to come and live and work in the country. It also accepts people who are trying to enter the country on business visas. It has a lot of documentation to deal with from people from all around the world. To make it easier and to ensure everyone applying is treated fairly all documentation has to be sent in English so that it can be assessed for what it’s worth.

A uscis approved translation needs to be certified

Even though a translator who undertakes translations for USCIS required documents doesn’t need to be qualified as a translator he or she must be prepared to sign the translation and write out a certificate stating the translation is accurate and free of mistakes. Anyone seeking a translation for the USCIS needs to ensure the translator chosen is prepared to certify the translation. This means looking around to find the best translator for the job not just anyone.

A competent accurate translation is what the USCIS is looking for. If this isn’t provided or some of a document hasn’t been translated the USCIS officer handling your application will send the translation back to you and ask you to provide another one. Most important as far as the USCIS is concerned is that the uscis approved translation has been certified by the translator.

The types of documents which need to have a uscis approved translation

The sorts of documents the USCIS expects to see include a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, police clearance certificates, medical examination reports and qualifications. All these must be in English and if they have been translated each translated document needs to be accompanied by a certified translation compiled and signed by the translator.

If you are applying for a business visa you may need to provide evidence of your business experience. This needs to be translated into English if it’s been written in another language. It could be company records indicating the financial standing of the business and evidence of funds you have available to finance a business enterprise in the United States.

Can I do the translation myself?

You aren’t allowed to do your own translations even if you are fluent in English which you probably are. Your spouse or partner can’t do any translations on your behalf either. You have to hire someone else to do your translation work. You of course can check the translation and if you are not happy tell the translator to improve the translation but you can’t certify any translations. If you follow the rules for the uscis approved translation you will not be held up so you will get to the United States and your new life as soon as possible.

3101 SW 34th Avenue
STE#905-453, Ocala
Telephone: (1) 855-938-7267
Web adress:
-- END ---
Share Facebook Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF DisclaimerReport Abuse
Contact Email [email protected]
Issued By cinchtranslations
Website USCIS Approved Translation
Country United States
Categories Business
Last Updated December 1, 2017