Mold is an environmental problem that affects both homes and commercial buildings, but the easiest way to remove it is the one that take place in your own home. As much as you hate to admit it, there is a good chance that you have been exposed to mold.
Mold is known to cause serious health issues, but if you have never been diagnosed with it, chances are that you never know. While the Environmental Protection Agency or EPA says that many of the health problems associated with mold exposure can be avoided by simply closing windows, doors, and vents, the fact is that many of us simply cannot live without them.
Mold is a fungus that spreads by consuming organic matter. Most often, this happens through moisture which becomes trapped within moist walls and ceilings of our homes. However, mold can also grow in dry, cold places like the bottom of a swimming pool or shower, or by growing under or around window sills.
The environment around San Francisco Bay is becoming increasingly humid, and because of this, mold has grown. However, unlike the water that causes so many health problems around the world, the causes for the problem here in California are very different.
The reason for this is that the Bay has a lot of vegetation that has been dead and decaying for thousands of years. Over time, these plants produce spores that are inhaled by those who come into contact with them, and as a result, the spores find their way into homes and are transported in your body.
The City of San Francisco has set up a program that allows residents to get rid of mold, though this isn't something that you should do yourself. Instead, you should consult a Mold Removal Santa Clara CA service that is certified to do mold removal in the Bay Area.
Most service providers here in the Bay Area will use a three-stage process to remove mold. They use a vacuum, a heat gun, and a solution of ammonia, bleach, and water to get rid of the mold.