Everyone loves to have a good night’s sleep, especially after a tiresome day. There are various things you can do to make sure you have a great sleep, but there is one thing that you might not have even considered. Did you ever consider the thought of going to bed with your socks on? If you haven’t, it is time you learn the benefits of the same.
It is important to have a good sleep to start the next day bright and early. While there are several things you can do to ensure a great sleep at night, wearing socks to bed is not something everyone would follow. Yes, you heard it right! You can indeed wear a fresh pair of socks when going to bed, and studies show that it does not some excellent health benefits.
Let’s learn more about it!
Do you know that studies have indicated that there is a close relationship between the blood dilation in our bodies (legs) and falling asleep fast? By wearing socks to bed, your feet remain warm; the blood dilation in the extremities tends to increase, helping you sleep quickly.
One of the other reasons why socks can help you sleep fast is due to the fact that the skin on the legs remains warm, while the CBT or the internal core body temperature reduces. Those who have trouble sleeping at night can cover themselves with a blanket and also put on socks to warm the skin, this dilating the blood vessels. This process improves the heat exchange and helps lower the CBT. Once this happens, the body signals the brain that it is the time to sleep.
Some of the other health benefits of sleeping with socks are mentioned below.
Helps prevent hot flashes
By wearing socks to bed, you are helping your body to regulate the temperature, due to which you need not worry about getting disturbed by hot flashes. If you suffer from night sweats, wearing socks while sleeping can be of great help too.
Improves the dry skin on feet
Many people suffer from dry feet, especially during the winter season. The skin of the feet gets extremely dry and often causes cracked feet too. This if left unattended, can cause soreness with pain and can be very embarrassing as well. One of the best ways to get rid of dryness on the feet is to wear fresh, breathable socks to bed. But, do not forget to moisturize your feet before putting on the socks.
Prevents Reynaud’s disease
This is the condition where the blood cells in the body over-react to extremely cold temperatures. This can often cause soreness and the death of tissues on the feet. People who stay in cold places can sleep with socks as it helps prevent the sudden attack of Reynaud’s disease.
Increases the flow of positive energy
This might sound surprising to many, but as per Chinese medicine (traditional), people can promote the flow of positive energy by wearing socks. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that cold feet can drain out the energy from the body, which can be easily prevented by wearing socks. The socks provide warmth to the body; improve the blood circulation, as well as the qi energy. If you haven’t tried it before, buy cool socks online that are made using natural fibers and try wearing them when sleeping to notice the difference.
A temperature regulator
For you to sleep well, you need to make sure that your body maintains the right temperature. If you are too hot, your brain feels alert, and you might have difficulty sleeping. Likewise, you do not want to feel cold either.
Feet are known to be the coolest parts of the human body as they do not have a lot of muscle to produce heat. Hence, when we fall asleep, the body distributes the heat from the core to the feet. When the feet are very cold, our body uses a lot of energy to heat them well, which can, in turn, disturb the sleep hormone. So, when you sleep by wearing socks, you help your body to regulate the temperature easily, helping you sleep easily.
Pro tips when sleeping with socks
If you want to sleep with your socks on, there are a few practices you can follow. A few of them are listed below.
• Make sure you put on a fresh pair of cotton socks before going to bed. Never sleep with the socks you have worn during the day as the dirt and the sweat accumulated can cause bacterial infections.
• When the temperature of your body decreases, the brain knows that it is time to sleep. To boost the process, you can consider taking a warm shower before going to bed. The body temperature decreases when the warm water evaporates due to the skin’s heat. This helps you fall asleep faster.
• Make sure your feet are completely dry before you put your socks on. This way, you can prevent the buildup of any bacteria or fungus, and stay away from infections.
• Choosing the right socks to wear when sleeping is of utmost importance. Make sure you choose socks that are made using natural fibers as they are breathable and soft on the skin.
• Never wear socks that are too tight as they can block the blood circulation and prevent the warming of your feet.
• You can even massage your feet before you put on the socks to facilitate good sleep. You can as well make use of massage oil or a gentle moisturizer. A massage not only improves the blood flow but also keeps your feet warm.
Now that you know the health benefits of sleeping with socks along with a few tips, it is time you buy some cool socks online.
Stance offers you stylish and comfortable socks online. Check out a huge collection of man & woman socks, athletic socks and many more. Visit https://www.stance.ca/ to check out the new collections!