The global medical disposables market is expected to reach USD 329.9 billion by 2024, according to the study performed by Grand View Research, Inc. Key factors driving the market expansion include the growing awareness regarding benefits of infection control, which majorly include enhanced quality of life and minimized related healthcare expenditure.
In addition, propelling factors of this sector comprise constantly rising hospital visits, surgeries, and the growing need for healthcare assistance owing to the escalating geriatric population prone to developing chronic diseases and injuries. Furthermore, the emergence of this sector is attributed to the increased focus toward the use of single-use disposable products to prevent cross-contamination and infection in healthcare settings.
These products offer a range of advantages to the healthcare institutions such as reducing sterilization and disinfection costs. Thus, most of the healthcare professionals and individual patients are turning toward disposable medical supplies to meet the infection control requirements.
Drug delivery products captured the largest revenue share in 2015. The segment is also expected to foresee the fastest growth rate due to the increasing use of prefilled syringes, needles, and transdermal patches by various hospitals and clinics.
The plastic resin segment accounted for the largest share in 2015 due to their wide availability and application in the healthcare sector. However, nonwoven material is forecasted to grow at the fastest CAGR owing to factors such as their low weight, affordable cost, and easy recycling methods. Nonwoven fabric is the material of choice for a number of applications such as wound care management, incontinence management, and surgeries due to the highly absorbent and liquid repellent nature of this material, among other properties.
Browse full research report on Global Medical Disposables Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-disposables-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
• In 2015, the drug delivery product segment captured the largest revenue share. The increasing application of various drug delivery products for sustained-release drug therapies is mainly contributing to the largest share of the segment globally.
• In addition, rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries is spurring the demand for needles and drug delivery devices, which is resulting in the high revenue generation of the segment
• With the introduction of advanced technology and growing demand for accurate diagnostic methods, the diagnostic and laboratory disposables segment is expected to show the second fastest growth during the forecast period
• North America region dominated the overall market by capturing over 35.0% share in 2015. This region is anticipated to remain dominant throughout the forecast period.
• Some of the factors having a significant impact on the regional market growth are government initiatives, high per capita income, large patient pool, and the presence of a large number of major players in the region
• Growing economies and government-led initiatives are expected to drive the growth of the medical disposables sector in the Asia Pacific region. The segment is expected to witness a lucrative CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period.
• Some of the major players in the consolidated market are 3M, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Abbott, Becton, Dickinson & Company, Medtronic, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Bayer AG, Smith and Nephew, Medline Industries, Inc., and Cardinal Health
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the medical disposables market by product, raw material, end use, and region:
Type Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
• Wound Management Products
• Drug Delivery Products
• Diagnostic and Laboratory Disposables
• Dialysis Disposables
• Incontinence Products
• Respiratory Supplies
• Sterilization Supplies
• Nonwoven Disposables
Raw Material Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
• Plastic Resins
• Nonwoven Material
• Paper and Paperboard
End Use Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
• Home Healthcare
• Outpatient/Primary care Facilities
Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2024)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East and Africa (MEA)
o South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-medical-disposables-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Read our blogs - mediafound.org, grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare