In one of my previous posts I wrote about the right attitude of the success artist. You can read about him here.
Ok let's assume that your music sounds very good, you have high quality beats, mix and mastering, and someone to help with the organization of concerts and brand development.
There are several different methods how you can promote yourself as a rapper nowadays.
1. Use social media as your main tool for connecting with your recipients. I recommend that you set up a private person profile to represent yourself as an artist below creating a fan page. Fan page has a lot of restrictions for which you have to pay and likes do not really give anything. You need contacts, and posts on a private profile will reach a larger audience than using a fan page.
Create LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. Connect and integrate them together. Make nice and professional logos and backgrounds. There are many tutorial videos on YouTube on how to use photoshop or gimpa. You can also hire someone for it. However, by learning yourself you gain new skills and you don't have to spend money. However, it costs your time so you better think about it well how you want to do it and get a good price.
Start posting every day about your music, successes, what you recorded, thoughts, contests, discussions, photos. Use your imagination! Connect with people and talk to them. Talk and meet managers, rappers, producers. Make contacts! Help each other. Ask if they can share your post. Do a little favor for them instead. Do not post any posts from your private life not related to music. Imagine that your brand is a super hero. Such a Spider-man. People don't want to hear about Peter Parker's life problems ... they want Spiderman!
2. Start playing concerts, even as a support. Start making contacts with people who organize concerts and music events locally. At first, do them for free, get contacts and knowledge. Invest in stickers with links to your social media so that people can find you. Learn how to communicate well with your audience on stage. Then start making money from these endeavors. Invest the collected money in yourself and your brand. Act wisely and not stupidly. Stop spending money on the latest Jordan! Think twice and be responsible for your brand.
3. Decide now and work for your success every day. People need to know that you get excited and have a vision. You have to set exact goals, for example: "This year I won a Gold record" or "This year I earn so much and that". The decisions are to be in the present form to act on your subconscious. The goals should be real and specific. All top actors or stars, rappers know this and use it all the time. Make yourself dream board.
4. Go to local radio stations and make contacts with them. Even online music stations or music blogs. Start joining the program, ask if they can play and promote your music. This may be helpful. Listen to what others have to say to you. You don't have to take everything personally. It's important that you can listen. This can help you find more ways to promote your own brand. You must be patient and constant in your endeavors. Do not give up.
5. Have your organizer, calendar. You need to organize your contacts and not lose them. Without it, you'll lose time and people's trust. Talk to people who cooperate with you. Plan up to 1 week in advance. Don't plan things for the next two weeks or months, it doesn't make sense.
6. Do contests on your social media from time to time and invest a little in advertising. See how it works. People like this type of event. It's nice to win a shirt, badges or album. This is a small cost and certainly a lot can give benefits.
7. Make feats with other rappers, artists or singers. Promote each other. You can reach their fans.
8. If you have some money to invest in a larger audience, hire someone who will constantly manage your Twitter or instagram. Watch out for incompetent companies! Never buy plays or likes or pipe followers. You can contact us if you need this kind of promotion. It's a small monthly cost and we can get you from 100-1000 people a day who will be your fans and will buy your music in the future. 100-1000 people a day gives about 30,000 people a month! A large number of fans on social media will give your brand reliability and impact on sales. Take care of these contacts!
9. Always be systematic in what you do. This is one of the most important rules. Operations that are sudden and cost a lot of energy usually do not bring as much benefit as monotonous but systematic work.
I hope that I inspired you and gave various interesting ideas to promote myself on the Internet. Expect more interesting articles!
If you have any interesting ideas, do not hesitate to write in the comments the best we put in the article?