Bharat Book Bureau Provides the Trending Market Research Report on “Implantable Drug Delivery Devices Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID 19 Growth and Change” under Life Sciences Category. The report offers a collection of superior market research, market analysis competitive intelligence and Market reports.
Global Implantable Drug Delivery Devices Market Report 2020-30: COVID 19 Growth and Change from The provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global implantable drug delivery devices market.
This report focuses on implantable drug delivery devices market which is experiencing strong growth. The report gives a guide to the implantable drug delivery devices market which will be shaping and changing our lives over the next ten years and beyond, including the markets response to the challenge of the global pandemic.
Request a free sample copy of Implantable Drug Delivery Devices Market Report @
Reasons to Purchase
• Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
• Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
• Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
• Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the implantable drug delivery devices? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Implantable Drug Delivery Devices market global report from the answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider implantable drug delivery devices market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the influence of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its growth.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the growth trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
• The implantable drug delivery devices market section of the report gives context. It compares the implantable drug delivery devices market with other segments of the implantable drug delivery devices market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, implantable drug delivery devices indicators comparison.
Markets Covered: 1) By Product: Contraceptive Implants; Spinal Implants; Brachytherapy Seeds; Drug-Eluting Stents; Bio-absorbable Stents; Intraocular Stents; Infusion Pumps; Others
2) By Technology: Diffusion; Osmotic; Magnetic; Others
3) By Application: Contraception; Ophthalmology; Cardiovascular; Diabetes; Oncology; Autoimmune Diseases; Others
Companies Mentioned: Allergan Inc; Bayer HealthCare; Medtronic Inc.; Nucletron; Boston Scientific Corporation
Countries: Australia; Brazil; China; France; Germany; India; Indonesia; Japan; Russia; South Korea; UK; USA
Regions: Asia-Pacific; Western Europe; Eastern Europe; North America; South America; Middle East; Africa
Time series: Five years historic and ten years forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita,
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Major players in the implantable drug delivery devices market are Allergan Inc, Bayer HealthCare, Medtronic Inc., Nucletron, Boston Scientific Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Bausch and Lomb Inc, Merck, Genetech Inc. and Psivida.
The global implantable drug delivery devices market is expected to decline from $19.18 billion in 2019 to $18.82 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -3.38%. The decline is mainly due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of industries and other commercial activities. The entire supply chain has been disrupted, impacting the market negatively. The market is then expected to recover and reach $24.14 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 8.65%.
The implantable drug delivery devices market consists of sales of implantable drug delivery devices and related services by companies that manufacture them. Implantable drug delivery devices are drug delivery systems implanted by surgery to allow site-specific drug administration at the tissue or organ where the drug is most needed.
North America was the largest region in the implantable drug delivery devices market in 2019.
The implantable drug delivery device market covered in this report is segmented by product into contraceptive implants; spinal implants; brachytherapy seeds; drug-eluting stents; bio-absorbable stents; intraocular stents; infusion pumps; others. It is also segmented by technology into diffusion; osmotic; magnetic; others, and by application into contraception; ophthalmology; cardiovascular; diabetes; oncology; autoimmune diseases; others.
In November 2019, Dare Bioscience, a USA-based biopharmaceutical company with a special focus on women's health, has acquired Microchips Biotech for an amount of $102 million. Through this acquisition, Microchips has become the wholly subsidiary of Dare Bioscience. Microchips Biotech is a USA-based company developing innovative drug implants.
The rising number of product recalls and lawsuits associated with the implantable drug delivery devices is expected to hinder the market. In the past few years, there had been an increase in product recalls and lawsuits connected with these devices. For instance, in December 2019, around 7,000 Medtronic SynchroMed II implantable drug infusion pumps were recalled due to the presence of foreign bodies in them. Nexplanon, a small rod contraceptive implant inserted into the skin of the upper arm to prevent pregnancy for up to three years, is facing a lawsuit, and lawyers and attorneys at National Injury Help have been investigating all such cases against those injured by Nexplanon. Therefore, the rising number of product recalls and lawsuits concerning implantable drug delivery devices is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
Companies and researchers are focusing on developing 3D implantable drug delivery devices. 3D printed titanium transcutaneous ports are implanted behind the patient's ear, allowing healthcare professionals to access the catheters. For instance, in February 2020, Renishaw and Herantis Pharma announced the award-winning device, which received positive results in phase 2 trials, that consists of up to four catheters implanted in the relevant brain areas.
Researchers at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology have introduced a miniaturized drug delivery system suitable for in-vivo biomedical applications. The system consists of an electrolytic pump, which operates a micro bellows membrane as an actuator for delivery through microneedles. A two-photon 3D printing technique was used to make a reservoir equipped with a microneedle.
The rise in the incidence of target diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, cancer, cardiovascular diseases and other chronic diseases is expected to drive the implantable drug delivery devices market. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), the global prevalence of diabetic retinopathy was around 27% between 2015 and 2019. Implantable drug delivery devices are used for site-specific drug administration where the drug is most needed, such as Gliadel® wafer as an implant used in the treatment of brain tumors, Lupron® depot for the treatment of prostate cancer.
Hence, due to the site-specific drug administration nature of implantable drug devices, which help in the treatment of target diseases, is driving the implantable drug delivery devices market.
Browse our full report with Table of Content:
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book is Your One-Stop-Shop with an exhaustive coverage of 4,80,000 reports and insights that includes latest Market Study, Market Trends & Analysis, Forecasts Customized Intelligence, Newsletters and Online Data bases. Overall a comprehensive coverage of major industries with a further segmentation of 100+ subsectors.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Email: [email protected]