Glass is an amorphous inorganic non-metallic material. It is generally made of a variety of inorganic minerals as the main raw materials, and a small amount of auxiliary materials are added. Its main components are silica and other oxides.
The main component of ordinary glass is silicate double salt, which is an amorphous solid with irregular structure. It is widely used in buildings, used for wind and light transmission, and is a mixture. There are also colored glass mixed with oxides or salts of certain metals to show color, and toughened glass made by physical or chemical methods. Sometimes some transparent plastics are also called organic glass.
Glass Ball Wholesaler introduces the main components of different glasses:
1. Ordinary glass (Na2SiO3, CaSiO3, SiO2 or Na2O·CaO·6SiO2)
2. Quartz glass (glass made of pure quartz as the main raw material, the composition is only SiO2)
3. Tempered glass (same composition as ordinary glass)
4. Potassium glass (K2O, CaO, SiO2)
5. Borate glass (SiO2, B2O3)
6. Colored glass in the ordinary glass manufacturing process to add some metal oxides, Cu2O-red; CuO-blue-green; CdO-light yellow; CO2O3-blue; Ni2O3-dark green; MnO2-purple ; Colloidal Au-red; colloidal Ag-yellow)
7. Color-changing glass (high-grade colored glass that uses oxides of rare earth elements as colorants)
8. Optical glass (add a small amount of light-sensitive substances, such as AgCl, AgBr, etc., to the ordinary borosilicate glass raw materials, and then add a very small amount of sensitizers, such as CuO, to make the glass more sensitive to light )
9. Rainbow glass (made by adding a large amount of fluoride, a small amount of sensitizer and bromide to ordinary glass raw materials)
10. Protective glass (appropriate auxiliary materials are added to the ordinary glass manufacturing process to make it have the function of preventing the penetration of strong light, strong heat or radiation to protect personal safety. For example, gray-dichromate, iron oxide absorbs ultraviolet light and Partially visible light; blue-green—nickel oxide and ferrous oxide absorb infrared and partly visible light; lead glass—lead oxide absorbs X-rays and r-rays; dark blue—dichromate, ferrous oxide, and iron oxide absorb ultraviolet light , Infrared and most visible light; adding cadmium oxide and boron oxide to absorb neutron flux.
11. Glass-ceramics (also called crystallized glass or glass ceramics, which is made of ordinary glass with gold, silver, copper and other crystal cores, instead of stainless steel and precious stones, used as radome and missile head, etc.).
12. Glass fiber (fibers with a diameter of several microns to several thousand microns drawn or blown from molten glass, with the same composition as glass)
The above content is organized and shared by Steel Balls Manufacturer , hoping to help those in need.