WaiverSign, an online waiver software company, is seeing more schools and universities than ever before convert to a digital process to collect liability waiver and permission slips from parents, adult students and volunteers.
FISH Homeschool, located in Brandon, Florida, is excited to have the support of WaiverSign’s online waiver software, reports Doreen Jackson, treasurer of this support group for home schoolers.
As part of a 14-member board, she helped to steer the 27-year-old organization toward best business practices when it became a 501c3 organization a few years ago. This included implementing WaiverSign’s digital waiver capabilities that allow the organization’s 200 families with nearly 500 children total to give parental consent to a wide range of FISH-sponsored activities. These run the gamut: organized sports for grades 4 through 12, field trips, twice-yearly dances for older students, graduation events, and specialty classes in math and science, among others.
“Multiply all of the activities times the parent and student signatures needed for each, and the signed pieces of paper we used to generate – and manage – were exponential,” she adds. Now all of the consent forms are tracked and stored digitally.
“When a family signs up or renews their membership, they receive the WaiverSign link with our liability waiver. They sign a waiver for every member of their family: any and all adults and children, everyone who could be involved from that household,” she says. Then throughout the year, they access WaiverSign to provide consent for participation in the assorted events and activities FISH sponsors.
“Parents and students alike appreciate this service,” she emphasizes.
Speaking for WaiverSign, Bob Birrell, Business Development Manager explained that organizations involved with students use WaiverSign in a variety of ways. Each waiver can be tailored and customized with proper messaging for the specific need each client has. Businesses can learn how the online waiver process works at https://www.waiversign.com/online-waiver. Businesses can sign an example waiver or release of liability at https://www.waiversign.com/release-of-liability-form.
Applications for school environments can include:
● Sports waivers
● Event liability waivers
● Medical information release forms
● Activity waiver and liability release
● Permission slips
● Code of conduct agreements
● General liability waiver
Examples of other education-related organizations using WaiverSign include:
● Indiana State Sycamore Outdoor Center in North Brazil, IN, is a multi-use outdoor facility designed to accommodate educational and recreational programs for campus groups and the community at large. It embraces 80 acres of woods, trails and lakes approximately 18 miles east of Terre Haute. The Center also houses out Keystone Adventure Program which consists of a variety of challenge courses and group initiative activities provided by trained facilitators throughout the department. In addition, 10 platform tents and a full-sized classroom make the ISU Sycamore Outdoor Center a popular destination for a variety of groups. They use WaiverSign for a general liability release communicating all the possible exposures, challenges and potential risks of participation, special events and activities.
● Trinity Western University in Langley, BC, hosts Omada Teambuilding programs that may consist of high and low ropes courses, experiential games, orienteering, voyageur canoeing, caving, hiking, rock climbing, snowshoeing, snow caving and dragon boating. Low ropes course activities challenge group members to use group problem solving, teamwork and initiative. During this time the organization stresses the importance of creating a "safety net" so that the task can be accomplished with full support from the team. The high elements involve two to three people working together to overcome a problem 30 to 75 feet in the air while the rest of the group is responsible for their safety using a rope and harness system. All participants are required to sign a liability waiver through WaiverSign prior to participation.
● Litchfield Montessori School in Northfield, CT, targets elementary-age students. WaiverSign is utilized for field trips including canoeing, rock climbing, and trips to the local science center and for participation in such clubs as the longboarding club. Rather than sending papers home with kids, each field trip or club waiver is set up as a separate document and a link shared with parents via email to make the signing process easy. Coordinators at the school then receive notifications of everyone who has signed.
In each of these scenarios, WaiverSign makes the process much easier for parents, minors, and schools, making it a big win for all those schools who have transitioned to digital waivers and permission slips for the new school year.
Founded in 2013, WaiverSign offers one of the most efficient, easy-to-use digital liability waivers and electronic liability release solutions available in today’s marketplace. An API (Application Programming Interface) allows other reservation and customer relationship databases to push and pull customer data directly to and from WaiverSign. This provides a simple and fool-proof way for collecting customer information in whatever reservation system being used. For more information, visit https://www.waiversign.com/ or call 877.741.7705.