KOPER, SLOVENIA, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020 - Breathing Labs have called for proposals for the designing of open source microphone that is 3D printed. It is asking 3D designers to submit their design of a microphone clip that can hold a microphone right in front of users' mouth comfortably and firmly.
The primary purpose of the microphone is going to be talking softly. Though such microphones are largely available, but the microphone is at a distance from the mouth which serves the purpose of those who want to speak loudly. However, those microphones are of no use when the user wants to talk softly. Having a new hardware like a 3D printed microphone clip will not only enable low voice fluctuations but also private and silent conversations.
It must be curious what specifically and more could be the use of such a design. The following are the reasons.
1. Using a mic holder will enable users to speak much quieter than usually- this enables for example recording voice recordings (memos) in loud public spaces, having phone calls while a child or someone else is sleeping,
2. Recording private or confidential voice notes and memos in public or in a less safe environment,
3. Voice controlling computers (ok Google/Siri/Alexa) more quietly,
4. ASMR, proximity whispering, and similar acoustic interactions,
5. Speech therapy, pronunciation exercises,
6. Biofeedback, anxiety management, panic attack management,
7. Guided breathing exercises such as breathing games.
"We have brought great changes in the way humans and computers interact. Great strides have been taken to overcome the usual pains such as neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, numbness etc. But now we'd like to take this a step further with a particular popular hardware called microphone, designed using 3D printing and designed for close to the mouth. In fact, we'll be changing for the better how humans themselves interact. Join us on the amazing journey ", said the Marketing Manager at Breathing Labs.
For more information, please visit https://www.breathinglabs.com/
Breathing Labs is a company that produces interfaces for breathing exercises. Their product BREATHING+ is being used in both, clinical and home environments to alleviate stress, improve stamina, control asthma symptoms, and enhance recovery after illness or surgery.
Company Name : Matevz Leskovsek Institute Limited
Address: Vojkovo nabrezje 23, 6000 Koper, Slovenia, EU
Email: [email protected]
Phone/Whatsapp/Viber: 00386 31 380 511