The last few weeks have witnessed increased awareness of the threat from the outbreak of COVID-19. In the accelerated speed that the virus has spread around the world, it is important for us to understand what it means for the education systems. Most educational institutions have executed measures to ensure everyone’s safety, such as from banning gatherings to the temporary closing of schools, in their attempt to contain the virus. Although schools are temporary closed for quarantine, schooling continues, it’s just that it is a different kind of teaching (online teaching/learning to be precise).
In view of the advancement in technology, there is no way children cannot continue learning and that also without their safety being compromised. Technology appears to be the solid answer to all the problems that have arisen due to the pandemic. This sudden shift away from the classroom has left many to wonder whether the adoption of online learning will continue to persist post-pandemic. From the popularity and the ease with which students, teachers, and parents have adapted to this new mode of learning, i.e. online learning, it seems like online learning is here to stay, it does not seem to be going anywhere in the near future with school management systems in place.
There has been a significant surge in the usage of language apps, virtual tutoring, video conferencing tools, online learning software, since COVID-19. Student information systems can help schools to manage information, database & to ensure fully tech-enabled education. Online student information system helps in managing, storing, and tracking the information ranging from admission number, attendance records, to performance tracking, and much more. Parents and teachers can easily access the relevant information and keep a tab on the performance of a student’s schooling and make data-driven decisions to improve their growth.
Learn about the benefits of student management system:
1. The benefits for teachers are aplenty. They can easily communicate with students and their parents, easy access to data-driven reports on student’s progress, a place to maintain the student’s grades, and easy management of students’ records.
2. For admins, the benefits range from high-level data security, smooth admission process, to streamlined daily operations, user-friendly interface that requires minimal IT skills, and more.
3. When it comes to students, with a student management system in place students will be able to easily communicate with teachers, will get instant notification on important events, easy evaluation of their performance and progress, and last, but not the least, easy access to attendance, timetable, examination schedule.
4. Talking about parents, they’ll able to monitor and track the progress of their kid, better communication with teachers, hassle-free fee payment.
Student information management system features:
1. Student data management
2. Report generation
3. Admission/Registration management
4. Online fees payment
5. Student progress tracking
6. Attendance management
7. Transport management
8. Examination management
9. Library management
10. Hostel management
11. Alumni management
12. Communication system
13. Reduced paper work
There are various factors that schools must take into consideration when looking for a perfect student management system, which are as follows:
1. Data security- must provide full data compliance and high-end data security. The platform must provide end-to-end encryption, WAF, IP masking, DDoS protection, and more, and must deliver safety, security, and reliability that only a World Class/Best in Class Data Center and application can provide.
2. Integration with other tools- hassle-free integrations with third-party platforms, including G Suite for Education. Student management system should come equipped with tools to keep student data organized and secure, streamline your school’s processes, and enhance communication and reporting.
3. Easy to use- must be designed to be user-friendly and easy to use so everyone involved with your school—teachers, administrators, parents, and students—can easily and quickly access the information they need.
4. Customization- you should be able to design the system according to your institution needs and requirements.
5. Customer support- should provide unlimited support at no additional charge, with multiple ways for you to get the help you need when you need it.
6. Affordability- must be a cost-effective solution. Go ahead with school management system software that is worth your penny.
7. Implementation time
So what are you waiting for! It’s time for you to leverage the power of school management system for your institute.
105 E 6th Street, Fremont, NE 68025
Email: [email protected]