Focus 360 Provides Services That Can Help Address Your Energy and Efficiency Challenges

Posted May 12, 2022 by terpart55

The English government requires all buildings, whether they are private residential dwellings or commercial spaces to have their energy performance calculated.

LONDON, UK - The English government requires all buildings, whether they are private residential dwellings or commercial spaces to have their energy performance calculated. For the average person, the mere mention of SAP Calculations is enough for them to tune out of a conversation, and who can blame them? Business and commercial building owners on the other hand tend to worry about their building’s SBEM Calculations meeting the government standard.

For those who are confused or worried about official energy calculations, here are some basic facts that will put you at ease.

SAP Basics

The "Standard Assessment Procedure", more commonly called SAP, is simply the official method for calculating the energy performance and efficiency of any private dwelling within the country. These assessments will include the dwelling emission rate (DER) as well as the dwelling fabric energy efficiency (DFEE). These calculations help determine a flat’s target emission rate (TER) and its target fabric energy efficiency (TFEE). The best results should reflect a lower DFEE and DER compared to the TFEE and TER.

SBEM Basics

SBEM calculations are the commercial counterpart of SAP. It stands for "Simplified Building Energy Model". All non-dwelling buildings in England are expected to have a lower building emission rate (BER) compared to the target emission rate (TER) for it to pass government requirements.

Why Are These Calculations Necessary?

As for SAP calculations, these are required in the UK to ensure buildings are fuel and power efficient which leads to conservation. Since the regulations were introduced back in 1995, there have been several amendments to them as the government takes into account modern technology. This means it is very important to get residential dwellings surveyed regularly to make sure the home still meets the current regulations.

Updated SBEM calculations are required by law as well for the same reasons as SAP. The main difference between the calculations is the rating provided. Residential homes are given a grade from A to G with A being the best while commercial buildings are scored from 1 to 100.

Other Services To Help With Energy Efficiency Challenges

Residential and Commerical EPC

Homeowners and landlords who want to make a profit from their properties will benefit the most from residential or commercial energy performance certificates. These reports come with an outline of energy improvement suggestions that will help increase the current value of the property. Having updated certificates doesn’t just ensure the homes and buildings meet the government energy consumption requirements, but it also proves the buildings are conserving energy.

TM44 Air Conditioning Inspection

As part of energy conservation, all air conditioning units must be regularly checked by professionals once every five years. Surveys will indicate whether the units are still energy efficient or if it is time to replace old models with newer ones that help conserve energy instead of using too much.

More Questions?

There’s no denying that all these calculations and surveys can be confusing. If you want to know more about our energy conservation and efficiency services, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Focus 360 Energy through our website: Alternatively, you can ring us at 0333 772 7398 or send us an email at [email protected] We are looking forward to helping you save energy and money!
-- END ---
Share Facebook Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF DisclaimerReport Abuse
Contact Email [email protected]
Issued By SAP Basics
Phone 03337727398
Business Address 18 St George Wharf Vauxhall London SW8 2LQ
Country United Kingdom
Categories Construction
Tags sap calculations , sbem calculations
Last Updated May 12, 2022