Know Rules and Rights of Part Time Job for Students in Singapore

Posted March 31, 2016 by stroff

Know Rules and Rights of Part Time Job for Students in Singapore

Singapore has become one of the favourite study destination around the world due to affordable cost of education, great international student services and support, and the international qualifications offered.

Compare to other countries like USA, UK and Germany, the study and living expenses in Singapore are more reasonable. There are still many students may need part time jobs to earn extra money to support their study or life. Fortunately, the local multicultural workforce and sound workplace policies offer great chances for students to work and gain work experience after graduation.

It needs mentioning that there are some rules as well as rights for foreigner students working in Singapore during the course of study there. If you want to work while studying or after graduating from an institution in Singapore, it is a good idea to know your work rights and work rules or regulations.

If you are a full-time international student who pursuing a degree at a university in Singapore, you will be allowed to work part-time for not exceed 16 hours a week during your school year as well as full time during vacation. If your work hours are within the permitted limit, there is no need to apply for additional permission from the Ministry of Manpower. However, only if you are enrolled in one of the institutions approved by the Ministry of Manpower can you be eligible for these work rights.

Most institutions in Singapore will offer internships as part of their curriculum so that to train their students as well as provide them valuable hands-on experience with reputed corporate. At the end of your course, you are likely to be employed by these companies. To work full time after graduation, you need to apply for an employment pass or work permit or a service pass based on various factors like your educational qualifications, your level of skills and work experience if you want to work full time after graduation.

To facilitate your job search, there is also the Employment Pass Eligibility certificate which allows you to stay in Singapore for up to one year. An one-year visit pass from the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority is required for EPEC applicants to allow them to stay in Singapore. You will also need to acquire an Employment Pass to work once you find a job.
-- END ---
Share Facebook Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF DisclaimerReport Abuse
Contact Email [email protected]
Issued By strofflee
Website Part Time Job for Students in Singapore
Country Singapore
Categories Business
Tags part time job for students in singapore
Last Updated May 4, 2016