With a wide range of materials to choose from, deciding on what to use for your home can lead to a tough time. While doing so, it is important to take note of the weather in your area, personal taste, and budget so that you can choose the most suitable one. For exterior finishes, stucco is one of the most commonly used materials in Florida. Below are some of the advantages of using stucco, aside from its low cost.
· Durable. When properly installed and maintained, a stucco finish can last for a long time. It is suitable to changing weather conditions and can be layered upon solid masonry. Stucco is also fire retardant and, with proper waterproofing, can resist rot, mold, and mildew.
· Helps reduce sound transmission. If you live in places where noise cannot be avoided, such as a congested neighbourhood or near a highway, stucco can be of help to minimize it.
· Installation can be done quickly. The process of installing a stucco finish only takes days to complete.
· Maintenance is easy. Given that stucco is a durable material, little maintenance is needed to keep it in top shape. Compared to other materials, stucco does not require repeated cleaning or replacement. Stucco can be painted once it is dry, and you can repaint it whenever you like. When dealing with old stucco, you can wash it first and leave to dry before painting.
· Aesthetic appeal. With stucco’s versatile nature, a wide range of creative designs can be done to it! You can experiment with different paint colors as well as patterns and textures according to your desire. With stucco, you can create classic and elegant styles that can greatly improve the appearance of your home.
Stucco’s many advantages can help increase the curb appeal of your home or building. However, it is still best to talk to an expert to further discuss your options. Smith Plastering is the leading company in Southwest Florida in terms of interior and exterior finishes. Our observance of high-quality work outputs is sure to guarantee your satisfaction. For a stucco company in Naples, Florida, choose Smith Plastering. 239-594-7537