Computer-aided design (CAD) technology has come a long way for the construction industry, and serves as an important tool for architectural design and mechanical engineering. CAD has been used for smooth and error-free architectural design by top builders, engineers and architects over the past 50 years. The AutoCAD family's evolution has turned the hand drawings into CAD drawings.
Through 3D CAD models, engineering and architecture firms saw the interest. Therefore, CAD outsourcing services are provided for faster and trouble-free construction. The construction phase of complex buildings such as skyscrapers, hospitals, homes, schools, power plants, oil and gas industries is based on CAD designs and models.
Why do contractors select CAD tools for constructing 3D models?
Today, many designers, architects and engineers use CAD to make architectural & structural drawings that are groundbreaking and original. Here are some of AutoCAD's essential features that make it an outstanding architectural, structural and mechanical design application.
1) Enhance project interaction with 3D CAD models Each feature is explained in detail in the 3D CAD model. These are much easier to understand than the drafting of 2D CAD. In the 3D CAD model, there is a realistic representation for each building components such as pillars, columns, roof and walls. While only lines and arrows were used to represent building components in the 2D CAD drafting.
For engineers and architects, the detailed and accurate CAD models remove and save time. Workers are less likely to misunderstand it and make mistakes when architecture design plans are clearly seen. Using AutoCAD technology also improves the quality of the project and reduces the possibility of rework.
2) CAD software simplifies the documentation process In addition to 2D CAD development and CAD 3D modeling, CAD software also assists in the preparation of construction documents. The following sketches and documentation prepared by CAD are included in the construction documents:
1) Site plan
2) Structural design
3) Structural design data
4) Earthquake design data
5) Fire safety system
6) Sewage disposal drawings
7) Soil report
8) Flood risk records
9) Structural concrete construction reports, masonry, truss drawings.
All soil type data, surface modeling, exterior wall envelope, geometry, pressure and demolition report is gathered in one folder.
3) Provides access to Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality The rendering of 3D CAD models to generate VR and AR of the building has a significant impact on the final outcome of the construction work. When illustrating and selling design ideas, an architectural representation of the floor plan is very useful. Architectural models are personalized nowadays.As per the customer's request. The architecture firm will be placed on top by using architectural walkthrough to illustrate the projects to the client.
Some of the main advantages of CAD 3D modeling are: As the AutoCAD technology family continues to grow, the concept of ' CAD advantages for the construction industry ' is also gaining momentum. In the construction industry, here are some simple and ultimate advantages of CAD design:
1) Smooth project interaction
2) Digitization of all building drawings
3) Easy to find and correct mistakes
4) Consumers can easily understand designs
5) Simple construction material management
6) Elimination of paperwork and budget
7) Comparatively lower cost
8) Fast trunking around time.
Building companies can not ignore the CAD outsourcing products when looking at all these benefits of CAD 3D modeling. Everybody accepts CAD 3D models as the basic requirement from builders, drafters, detailers and architects.