Your home or business can be a subject to water strike issues for a number of reasons. Also, you can monitor your monthly water bill usage and if there is an unusual increase in your bill which is not explainable there must be a water leak somewhere. This leak maybe small but can cause damage in your home and will cost you more. Another thing, when the family will be out for a long vacation turn off the water tank to prevent potential flooding in your home.
The following are preventive measure to avoid water damage:
- Clean your gutter twice a year.
- Check your sump pump once a year.
- Fix visible water leaks in the ceilings and pipes.
- Inspect your roof for possible damaged roof shingles.
- Check and repair any cracked caulking.
Each situation should be handled with caution to keep the safety of valuables. Below are the safety ways to do when water damage occurs:
- If possible turn off water source.
- Get rid of the water on the floor by mopping.
- Open the cabinet, drawers, closet and other storage box to check if affected by water damage to let it dry.
- Move valuables such as appliances, documents and others into a dry and safe place.
Water Damage Remediation should be performed by an expert to prevent serious issues later. If you have experienced water damage in your home or business office, don’t wait for another problem to arise. Determine the extent of water damage emergency, if can't be control contact a service provider near Atlanta, Sandy Spring, Decatur, Stockbridge, Conyers, McDonough, Stone Mountain, Covington, Social Circle, Dekalb and surrounding areas. Call 678-293-0297, ServiceMaster Restore by Lovejoy fast response team will handle the situation. Visit http://www.servicemasterbylovejoy.com/water-damage/ for more services.