The secrets to successful prom dress alterations are the same whether they’re for a bargain prom dress or a designer prom dress.
These tips I’m about to share with you will help you to get your prom dress fitting you perfectly. And when you follow these prom dress alteration instructions you won’t have any problems or disappointments.
1. Draw on a sheet of paper any designs that you particularly like. Ideas are graffiti hearts, peace signs, etc. Make sure it's not complicated though!
2. Go to the store and buy plain white shoes and acrylic paints, make sure the colors are neon or something bright.
3. Get a Sharpie, and trace out your design on your new plain white shoes.
4. Paint in all of the drawings you made.
5. You can tye-dye your shirts, dye plain white t-shirts a very bright color or neon, or just go buy bright plain colored shirts.
6. If you really want to kick it up, cut holes in the shirts you have, then sew them back together with black string, or bright colored string.
7. This part is mostly for the jeans, cut a line up to the top of your jeans, then safety pin it shut.
8. Do this with both shorts and jeans: wear a really cool tutu over them. you can wear leggings too.
9. Wear shorts or skirts, then wear crazy knee socks.
10. Wear really cool bracelets. The more, the better!
11. If you really want to do this, dye your hair different bright colors.
If you want to prom dresses crazy, but want to look cute, you should read this. But, if you want to dress like this, then you have to forget that other people might make fun of you. The only ways to really make people appreciate your style, then you have to like it to make other people appreciate your way of dressing.