Consider this a more flavorful version of your standard Sambhar. A delectable combination of cooked Toor dal, drumsticks, and vegetables such as onions and tomatoes is flavoured with a spicy paste of coconut, onions, and spices, and tempered with classic mustard seed and red chilli combo.
Punit Proteins is one of the leading and the most distinct Pulses manufacturers in Gujarat.
The aroma and flavour of this South Indian Style Drumstick Dal are enhanced with a few sprigs of curry leaves. Serve with rice, idlis, or dosas to complete the meal.
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 31 mins
Total Time : 51 mins
Buy the best quality oily Toor dal in Gujarat from the most trusted and reliable suppliers - Punit Proteins.
1 cup drumsticks
1 cup Toor dal, soaked (15 mins), washed and drained
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ cup chopped onions
¾ cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 whole dry Kashmiri red chill
5 to 6 curry leaves
Grind Into A Coarse Mixture
¼ cup of water
½ cup grated coconut
½ tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp chopped onions
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp roughly chopped curry leaves
Are you looking for an excellent supplier of deshi toor dal in Gujarat? Buy deshi Toor dal from Punit Proteins and stay assured of the quality.
1. In a pressure cooker, combine the dal, turmeric, and 2 cups of water, stir well, and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Before opening the lid, allow the steam to escape.
3. Transfer the dal to a deep nonstick pan, along with the onions, tomatoes, drumstick, chopped curry leaves, salt, and 1 cup of water; combine well, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes over medium heat, stirring regularly.
4. Cook over a medium flame for 7 minutes, stirring regularly, after adding the prepared coarse mixture and 1 cup of water. Set aside for now.
5. In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil, then add the mustard seeds and cook for a few seconds over medium heat.
6. Sauté the Kashmiri red chilli and curry leaves for a few seconds over a medium burner.
7. Pour the tempering over the dal, stir thoroughly, and serve immediately.