Premier Medical Group, a healthcare facility, feels that there is a cent percent chance that you are reading this article on your smartphone. Neck pain is on the rise with the increasing number of hands that hold smartphones.
The overuse of smartphones and texting is forcing people to look down at their mobile devices for longer periods of time. Chiropractic treatment has also seen a rise in these years.
If this is done for a long period of time, then your head will tilt forward increasing the weight and load on the joints of the neck. The natural curvature of the neck can face straightening or reversal in case this continues for a longer period.
Premier Medical Group reveals 6 secrets to restore a healthy curve in your neck.
1. Limit the time of your electronic usage –
It sounds simple and you can actually turn it simple.
All you need to do is take some time away from the phone and take a break.
2. Take micro-breaks at work–
- For people who have a job that requires electronic usage might face difficulty in the first tip.
- Premier Medical Group, for them, suggests taking a micro-break at regular intervals.
- For every hour you sit at a desk/computer, take a 1-2 minute break. Try light exercising during each break.
3. Here is an exercise–
- Sit at the edge of the seat.
- Keep your legs hip-width apart and keep your feet turned at a 45-degree angle.
- Let your arms hang loosely at the side and keep your palms face forward.
- Sit straight in a neutral position and be sure not to over-extend. This will avoid the chances of putting a large curve in your low back.
- Bring your head back and keep it aligned with your shoulders.
- Take 5-10 deep breaths and repeat the exercise at regular intervals.
4. Perform neck stretches–
- The cervical ranges of motion are an easy and effective way to stretch the neck.
- Perform them in the shower and let the hot water hit your neck and upper back.
5. Cervical Ranges of Motion–
- Do the following exercise 2-3 times a day.
- Tuck your chin to the chest.
- Look at the ceiling.
- Bend the ear to your shoulder, both sides.
- Turn your chin to the shoulder, both sides again.
- Go until you feel restriction, but don't go past it.
- Hold for 5-10 seconds and do not force the motion.
6. Get Adjusted! –
- After low back pain, neck pain is the second most common reason people visit to see a chiropractor. A chiropractic adjustment helps restore normal joint function and can reduce/eliminate muscular tension effectively.
About Premier Medical Group:
Premier Medical Group has a team of experts who are well-experienced professionals and have been practicing for many years. These professionals are experts in helping patients recover from their injuries and diseases at a fast speed. The chiropractic adjustment at Premier Medical group aims to bring chiropractic wellness.
For More Information :- http://premiermedgroup.org/services/chiropractic-care/