Domicile refers to the residence that one either treats as a permanent home or acquires by birth origin. It is a place where you live in surrounded by a substantial connection.
Usually, the child’s domicile is regarded as to where the parents reside. In the case of parents with different domicile due to divorce for example, a child’s domicile follows the parent who takes the child’s custody. Change of domicile happens when there’s a change of parent’s domicile. Family Law Attorneys aid in the child change of domicile relocation proceedings in the event that a petition of noncustodial parent is to be filed under the mandate of Florida law.
Family Law Judges decide for a child to acquire independent domicile when a parent relinquishes all the duties and gives up all the rights over the child. Further, importance of relocation is vital in the following instances:
● Minor children of divorced parents
● Domicile of an illegitimate child
● One parent wants to take custody of the child from the other parent
● One parent dies, or a child has no parents due to death or abandonment
● Adopted child change of domicile in Florida into the domicile of the adoptive parent
Establishing acquisition of the change of domicile enables the child to treat a specific relocated country or place as a permanent home, to live harmoniously with the family in accordance to the rule of law and to endure the benefits of current residency.