Parijatak, a reputed Ayurvedic center in Nagpur, India is nudging deeper and deeper into the sector of health and fitness. The center with its expert doctors and therapists is known to outreach their own performance with their individual expertise in their own respective fields. In the words of Dr Nitesh Khonde, the founder of Parijatak and one of the best Ayurvedic doctors of India, “Ayurveda has a cure for all”. In addition, he also added, “You just need to develop trust for this holistic mode of treatment and believe in the significance of therapies and herbal medicines”.
Here we talk about skin and hair. Skin and hair are very important of our body that mainly serves as a shield for other body parts. Moreover, these are the two important parts that are exposed to harmful substances present in the environment so these need special care. When talking about the inner health, again skin and hair both are affected the most when any other disorder or malfunctioning occurs within the body. Inside or outside, skin and hair has to fight the battle to keep the body safe from all infections.
As per the science of Ayurveda, all types of skin disorders and hair disorders are a result of doshic imbalance within the human body. Wherever you feel there is lack of internal balance or equilibrium, health disorders are bound to take place with highest impact on skin and hair.
Some of the common skin disorders include eczema and dermatitis whereas the common hair disorders include seborrheic dermatitis, telogen effluvium, and physiologic alopecia. In both the cases, it is important to have a nutritional balance of vitamins.
Talking about the Ayurvedic skin treatment, the best vitamins are Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K to work as skin boosting nutrients and support the treatment of various skin disorders.
• Vitamin D is one of the integral vitamins that is consumed by the body and transported within the body to create healthy cells. The most common sources of vitamin D are salmon, tuna, cereals, orange juice, and yogurt.
• Vitamin C is mainly found in the outer layer of the skin and beholds cancer fighting properties. It mainly works to produce collagen and keeps skin health to its best. The common sources of Vitamin C are citrus fruits like orange and strawberry, broccoli, and spinach.
• Vitamin E works as an antioxidant and functions to protect the skin against major external damage. Normally, the vitamin is automatically produced by sebum that emits from the pores of the skin. However, to keep this production at its highest, it is important to consume Vitamin E rich food sources like almonds, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds.
• Vitamin K is an important vitamin that works to stimulate the process of blood clotting, an integral process and the basic function of Vitamin K. With the best skin healing properties, Vitamin K can be increased through the consumption of food sources like kale, spinach, cabbage, and green beans.
Shifting the focus to Ayurvedic hair treatment, healthy hair calls for vitamins that are good for hair and support functioning of hair follicles to run a normal hair growth cycle. Principally, the best hair vitamins are Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B, mainly Vitamins B6 and B12, B9 and B7.
• Vitamin A is the best vitamin for hair. It works in conjunction with silica and zinc to prevent sebaceous glands from drying and clogging. These glands are vital for producing sebum, which is an essential lubricant for hair follicles. Deficiency of this vitamin leads to thickening of the scalp, dry hair, and dandruff. Some of the best sources of Vitamin A that can help fight hair problems are liver, fish oil, fortified milk, eggs, and red, yellow, and orange vegetables. Maintain an optimal level of consumption as toxicity of this vitamin results in inflamed hair follicles.
• Vitamin B is also a good vitamin for healthy hair. Vitamins belonging to this group are mainly responsible for the formation and maintenance of hemoglobin, which in turn carries blood and oxygen to the body tissues. Without oxygen, blood and proper circulation, hair is definitely going to suffer. B vitamins are mainly found in chicken, fish, kidney, pork and soybeans.
• Vitamin C is responsible for the formation and maintenance of healthy collagen, which is essential to hold body tissues together. Deficiency in Vitamin C can cause split ends and hair breakage.
• Vitamin E is also one of the good vitamins that help hair regain moisture and maintain the normal hair growth cycle. This vitamin is required for improved blood circulation to the scalp and is mainly found in green leafy vegetables, nuts, vegetable oils and most cereals.
The main focus on having the best skin and hair treatment is lifestyle and dietary changes. However, there are Ayurvedic therapies like abhyanga with the right direction of massage and flow of energy that work wonders to resolve various skin and hair related disorders. To come to a resort, Parijatak strives to offer you the best skin and hair treatment in Nagpur through the safest measures defined in Ayurveda.