Should you be injured during the course of your employment, you are entitled to workers' compensation benefits anywhere in the USA. An experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney Massachusetts team will help you with your claim. Law Firms like Ladas Law possess a highly skilled team of lawyers who commit to fighting to protect your rights with your employer and the insurance company. Their intention is to ensure that you receive all benefits that you are entitled to.
• Report your accident to your employer immediately and ask your coworkers to report the incident as well. Not reporting it will result in you having to prove that the injury actually happened in your place of work and will delay your benefits.
• You should seek immediate medical attention either by ambulance or having a coworker take you to the nearest hospital or clinic to start treatment. For workplace injuries, the law deems that the doctor uses Workers’ Compensation and not personal medical insurance. Treatment under the Workers’ Compensation system would facilitate cementing your right to reimbursement.
• Seek treatment from a medical specialist who concentrates in your type of injury. This will help you get a better diagnosis and specific treatment for your injury. These doctors are experienced in filing the necessary paperwork for workers' compensation claims and medical reports from such doctors will support your case.
• A workplace injury involves making a detailed statement about the accident. You must document every detail describing how, when and where the incident occurred and a detailed description of your injury.
• The hospital or clinic will provide you with a detailed report of the injury sustained, the tests and evaluation performed and recommended treatment plan before releasing you from the hospital. It is imperative that you provide your attorney with a copy of this report. Your Workers’ Compensation Attorney Massachusetts will need those documents when filing a claim under the workers' compensation system provision.
• You can file the claim for workers' compensation at the Division of Industrial Accidents on your own, however, your claim is more likely to be delayed or rejected since you might not have filled the forms accurately or know what to do next. The experienced law team like Ladas Law prepares and files the necessary paperwork for their clients with the Division of Industrial Accidents. All future correspondence from the DIA will then be sent to both the attorney and client.
• The Workers’ Compensation Attorney Massachusetts team also helps their clients in recovering lost income from the insurance companies. An attorney who specializes in workers’ compensation law such as Ladas Law Firm, knows the law pertaining to employee’s rights. More often than not, the insurance company will try to settle the claim outside the court at a lesser value than what it is worth. Experienced litigation teams have the knowledge to price out the value of the case based on the injury and future employment status.
• The average person does not know their rights or how the insurance company sets a value on your case. An experienced lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company representatives. For instance, you should never agree to recorded statements unless you attorney advises you to. Any information you provide may be used against you while negotiating your settlement.
• Once you retain an attorney, the insurance adjuster is not allowed to contact you directly. They must deal directly with your attorney. This is in order to prevent you from making a statement that may adversely affect your case. If you have not yet hired an attorney to represent you, stick to the fundamental facts of the incident when speaking to the insurance adjuster such as, the place, time, and date as injuries you sustained.
• You should also not agree to sign any document or agree to anything until your Workers’ Compensation Attorney Massachusetts gets an opportunity to review the documents.
Most workers' compensation lawyers in Massachusetts have the experience to work and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf thus ensuring that you will receive the maximum medical and monetary benefits due you.
Ladas Law Firm, P.C.
90 Rockland Street, Suite 4
Hanover, MA 02339
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (781) 829-9191
Toll Free: (844) 291-4296
Fax: (781) 829-2161