Even though Ilias Atwani has enjoyed every bit of working for some of the most reputed companies in his past, the time he spent working in the Mining Engineering Department at a British-Swiss multinational commodity trading company remains closest to his heart.
While working in this role, Ilias Atwani used to look after the following things -
• 3D design & Survey data processing (Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD, 3DReshaper)
• Involvement & effective contribution in the Tailing storage management
• Monitoring the ore/waste quantities & monitoring plans issuance
• Establishment of weekly schedules & planning
• Volumetric reconciliation & adjustment of excavated and blasted roc quantities
• Issuance of drilling, loading and blasting plans
Ilias Atwani, in today’s date, is working in the mine operations department of a senior Canadian gold mining company as a Mine Operations Coordinator.Not many people know that Ilias is also an incredibly talented photographer too.
About Ilias Atwani
Ilias Atwani is an experienced Mining Engineer working with a senior Canadian gold mining company as a Mine Operations Coordinator (Mine Operations Dept.). He is skilled in mining oriented operational Analysis/Modeling: Surpac®, Whittle®, Talpac®; Programming: Matlab®, C/C++, VB; Management and Logistics: SAP®, JD Edwards®; and CAD Software like AutoCAD® (Amine & Promine), SolidWorks®, Silverscreen® (CAMP), 3DReshaper®. He is an alumnus of Laval University from where he obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Mining and Mineral Engineering in July 2012. He also attended Institut Polytechnique privé de Casablanca from Sept 2006 to Dec 2008 for his preparatory classes for engineering school. Currently, Atwani is pursuing his Executive Master of Business Administration (E-M.B.A) degree from Laval University.