Scientific Equipment and Furniture Association (SEFA) is an association that operates with Professional Management Staff and a member-elected Board of Directors and Advisory Board who emphasize on good laboratory planning. The member-directed package of services aims at providing services to educate laboratories about the importance of cost-effective construction, lab space use, safety, productivity, environmental issues and likewise.
Modular laboratory furniture and fume hoods in India made at GD are SEFA certified and are delivered widely across India. As we take pride in having the largest and most satisfied customer base, let us give you an insight about SEFA guidelines and give you reasons why you need to buy SEFA certified lab furniture.
Founded in 1988, it was brought into place to ensure a safe environment for all laboratory employees. The organization welcomes all the companies who are engaged in providing lab products and services.
The organization strives to enhance member company performance and improve the quality of lab facilities.
For a better lab environment, choose the SEFA certified fume hood manufacturer in India.
- What is the SEFA Certification?
It provides a platform for labs who are looking for lab furnishing that adhere to their guidelines; thus a certification program has been developed for the lab manufacturers.
There are quality standards laid down for lab furnishings that include fume hoods, lab fixtures, safe chemical storage, lab work surfaces and likewise. To get this certification, lab manufacturers need to follow SEFA guidelines from design to building a physical lab device.
So, the next question is how it will help?
SEFA marked work surfaces would be non-reactive in the environment as per the set guidelines. It is built strong enough to withstand the weight of the lab equipment to reduce chances of collapsing furniture that may affect your results too. Safeguard the lives of your lab employees and get rid of undue accidents.
- How does your manufacturer get SEFA certified?
- Manufacturers should compulsorily use SEFA approved lab equipment that are lab-safe and guarantee safety.
- Materials used should be laboratory graded and fit for the required purpose.
- All the materials used in the preparation should be tried and tested outside the labs to ensure its credibility.
- Producers should follow SEFA recommended practices while designing and producing.
- Many things go into getting the certification. It requires significant time, resource and capital that assures about the quality and safety of its customers.
- During the process, the manufacturing plant is also frequently visited by SEFA designated auditor who keeps track of all activities. In case any mistake or noncompliance, the manufacturer may have to go for recertification.
Along with following a strict design and manufacturing standards, the organization provides other standards that include contract negotiation, proposal writing, work procedures, installations, liability, responsibility determination and such to provide customers with top-class lab devices.
While purchasing lab equipment, watch out for SEFA logo that is safe for every lab personnel and environment. Not only this, but a simple step will help to save your lab furniture investment by providing better service for many years.
GD is known to be the first company manufacturing fume hoods in India that offers SEFA compliant laboratory-grade metal furniture certified from Intertek, U.S.A. This assures energy-efficient and safe fume hoods. We provide lab equipment that is SEFA certified across 3 categories – SEFA 1 for Fume Hoods, SEFA 8M for Metal Lab Furniture and SEFA 10 for flexible and modular lab furniture. Contact us now!
For More Information :- https://www.gdvanguard.com/