It's a food that doesn't last very long. As soon as the sun goes down, it begins to lose its crispness and freshness. Because of this, you must be certain of your supplier, who must only provide products that are extremely fresh. To double-check:
- Instead of relying on the abundance of merchandise on the stall, check to see if the store receives a large number of customers. Locals are well-versed in the best spots.
- The fish must be presented in an ice-filled container.
- If you put your mind to it, you should be able to feel it.
- Labels are not permitted to be planted in the fish's flesh. This reduces the freshness of the product.
- What is the best way to choose it?
- The entire surface of the fish's body must be clear and shiny, including the fins.
It is important that the eyes are round, shiny, domed, and convex. If the pupils are glassy, do not purchase it.
- The gills must be reddish-pink in colour and slightly moist.
- The flesh must be firm and elastic to be effective.
A firm abdomen is required, rather than a swollen one
- The fish must have a pleasant odour, which means that it should be able to be smelled without emitting a strong odour. Some merchants use ammonia to mask spicy odours, which are indicative of a lack of freshness in their products. If you have a feeling, get away!
Whole fish is preferable to fillets. They are less expensive - with the exception of large fish, which are subject to loss - and you can see how fresh they are at the Prawns Fish Market, which is also more convenient. If, on the other hand, you purchase nets:
- Request to be able to smell them.
- If they are white, they should have a translucent quality to them.
A soft and beautiful colour is required for these items
- The squid's suction cups must be still functional, and the skin around its eyes must be a light blue colour.
Fish is a delicious and nutritious food that can be prepared on the barbecue, in foil, in the steamer, or in the frying pan. As long as you know how to select it in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
What store should I go to buy the fish?
Air transportation makes it possible to find many different types of fish all year round, even during the summer, which is not the peak season. You will discover, in particular, the following:
- Sea bream (sea bream)
- Coming from the bar
- Tanga fillets (seafood)
- A few salmon fillets
About the Company: Founded in 2008, Casula Fish Market is a privately owned family business that has been operating for over 10 years. The owners are actively involved in running the business on a day to day basis, working hard ensuring the company’s values and professional culture resulting in the customers experiencing a high degree of customer care and focus. The initial establishment came from our love and passion for fishing.