Fathers are sometimes more difficult to buy for than other family members, especially if you want to choose a gift that is a little different and thoughtful. This year is extra special as it will be the first time for months that we can hug our families as we are (carefully) easing the lockdown and returning to the normality that we all miss.
Artisan food and drink platform www.meltedinside.com has a huge range of items to choose from that will be sure to delight your father on 20th June. There is everything from succulent, nutty Turkish delight to lovingly brewed beer and carefully crafted condiments. Many of them would up the game of the outdoor BBQs many fathers claim to master.
The www.meltedinside.com team has come up with ten Father’s Day gift ideas here.
1) ‘Four Gins for a Mr Fantastic’ - This collection from maker Gin in a Tin includes four miniature 35ml tins of deliciously crafted gin presented in a signature box. They are letterbox-friendly, ideal to post if you can’t see your dad in person or you want to surprise him before your visit. The gin blends include: fuggles hops; coriander seed; maris otter malt; ginger; angelica root; lemon peel; pumpkin; orange peel; nutmeg, fennel; lemon and thyme.
2) The Gin Hamper for Him from Abingdon Distilllery is perfect if you want to splash out a little more on your dad. Your dad will receive a bottle of London Dry Gin; a bottle of Artisan Citrus tonic water; a bottle of Artisan Agave Lemon Tonic Water; a bottle of Artisan Classic tonic water; a packet of Joe & Seph’s Gin & Tonic Popcorn; a jar of Joe & Seph’s Rum & Raisin Caramel Sauce and a packet of dehydrated pink grapefruit for garnish.
3) If your dad prefers a refreshing cuppa, you could buy him some special tea. Nemi Tea's loose leaf earl grey is vegan and Fairtrade. He will love this delicious full-bodied black tea which is perfectly balanced with notes of citrusy bergamot and a scattering of blue cornflower petals for an elegant final flourish. If your dad is environmentally conscious, he will be pleased to know that, along with being sent in a natural kraft bags, the container is made of card paper, the window material is recycled plastic and the tube itself can be upcycled.
4) Many dads like a nice relish, so a selection from The Wicked Chilli Farm will make his day. This trio of the three hottest sauces are perfect for dipping, or as a side to any curry dish or BBQ. The family run chilli farm in North Somerset produces chilli products from its own chillies using traditional cooking methods in small batches to create unique flavour combinations.
5) If your father has a sweet tooth, consider this exotic selection of Turkish delight from Ozerlat that incorporates dates. The stylish box contains three different versions: plain, hazelnut and pistachio. Hand crafted from only the finest natural ingredients, this Date Selection Turkish delight has no artificial additives and can be enjoyed on its own, or with a cup freshly made coffee. Ozerlat is a family run business.
6) How about a crate of Red Top artisan-brewed best bitter? Maker Old Dairy Brewery uses a mix of East Kent golding, English cascade and challenger hops. Housed in two WWII Nissen Huts in Tenterden, Old Dairy Brewery beers are brewed in cask, bottle and keg and most are brewed with locally grown English hops grown just three miles away in Biddenden, Kent.
7) If your father loves to cook, a deluxe gift box of spices, so he can create 12 authentic dishes from around the world, would be an ideal gift. With this gift box he can venture to places such as Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and India. Each spice kit will create a meal for four. Maker Kiran himself is passionate about sharing and introducing people to new food experiences and bringing a delicious freshness to meals with his spice kits.
8) Artisan chocolate is always a winner, especially one with a robust flavour. Maker Flowers & Thorn has created this masculine Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Stag as delicious gift. It’s also vegan. Toasted whole hazelnuts and hazelnut crumble are studded into silky smooth dark chocolate. This beautiful stag looks too good to eat. Single origin Ecuadorian cocoa and the gentle taste of organic rose make it a delicious treat.
9) What about a lovely tin of Scottish tablet? Scottish tablet is a delicious, sugary candy with a coarse texture that is not as dense as hard candy, but not as soft as fudge. It has been embedded in Scottish culture since the early 18th century. Artisan sweet maker and family business My Sweets & Treats has created a Scottish Tablet Gift Tin containing creamy Scottish tablets.
10) Last but not least, the MeltedInside.com team suggests some wonderful rum made by Greensand Ridge Distillery which your father can treasure. Their Wealden Rum has a delicate floral character with subtle tropical fruits, giving way to honeycomb and roast cobnuts on the palate, raisin and oak. Greensand Ridge is the UK's most sustainable distillery and aims to have the smallest possible environmental footprint using 100% renewable power while striving to be waste, chemical and plastic free. All the spirits are made from surplus produce and Greensand Ridge is the UK's first carbon neutral distillery.
More about Melted Inside
Meltedinside.com exists to share the love of what artisan makers do every day and the love they put into creating products for shoppers looking to buy real food from real people. If you are an artisan food maker and interested in joining Melted Inside, please email [email protected]
Melted Inside is a member of the Good Market community - a curated platform that makes it easier to find and connect with social enterprises, responsible businesses and changemakers who are creating a better world.
For more information, interviews, images or if you would like to review one of Melted Inside’s products, please contact Suzi Christie [email protected]