Frisco, TX - When it becomes apparent that a loved one needs more care than a family is able to provide, it can be a stressful time for everyone involved. The priority quickly becomes determining the best level of care for that loved one, especially if they are experiencing memory loss consistent with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. When such memory disorders are present, the standard assisted living facility may not be enough. Instead, a specialized memory care facility may be in order.
“Memory care residences offer a higher, more pronounced level of care specific to those with memory disorders and in line with the most current research and state-of-the-art practices,” says Trent Quinn, Founder, President and CEO of The Cottages, a highly respected group of regional assisted living residences for people living with Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders. “When there is a memory disorder present, this more specific level of care can mean everything for the well-being of the resident, as well as the peace of mind of that resident’s family.”
Some of the features provided by memory care homes that are specific to those with memory disorders - and that can differ from the features offered in a standard assisted living facility - include:
● A staff that is specially trained in Alzheimer’s and memory disorder care - including a unique understanding of the medical, emotional, and social needs of those with memory disorders and disease.
● Activity programs that are designed to engage and encourage those with memory loss.
● Small residential groups that allow for more personal relationships and personalized care.
● Comprehensive resident care that takes into account all stages of memory loss and offers an integrated care approach that supports the wellness of that resident - including locked doors, help with ‘sun-downing’, nutrition, activity, and appropriate medication.
● Fixed Charges for Care - Many memory care facilities add level of care charges and as the residents care needs change the fees can increase. At the Cottages we are always all inclusive. No hidden fees and no level of care charges.
● Family partnership that allows staff and loved ones to work together to create the best care plan for the resident.
“It may feel as though there are no good decisions when it comes to finding the appropriate care residence for a loved one,” says Quinn. “But family members can find peace when they are able to identify high level, specified care for someone who can truly benefit from a memory care facility.”
For more information about The Cottages and the services it provides, visit it online at Alzcottages.com.
About The Cottages
The Cottages is dedicated to care for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory disorders. The Cottage concept provides a home-like environment tailored to meet individual needs based on physical, mental and emotional needs. The Cottages offers all-inclusive pricing with no level of care charges and all care and services included. The Cottages currently has locations in Frisco, Round Rock, League City and Amarillo, Texas. The Cottages has been operating in Texas since 1997 and is family-owned and operated by The Cottages Senior Living.Learn more about Alzheimer’s disease and The Cottages difference at www.alzcottages.com