HANDICAP TRUCKS: AN Insight to the Mechanical Boon
What are handicap trucks?
These are specially designed and modified trucks for those persons who are in a wheelchair. Normal trucks are designed and modified in such a manner that the person behind the wheels can drive safely and easily. This vehicle makes life convenient for the person who is behind the wheels to drive. The space inside the truck is increased in order to adjust a wheelchair ramp or a powered lift inside the vehicle. Handicap trucks are also referred as wheelchair accessible trucks, or lowered floored trucks.
What modifications are made to convert normal trucks to handicap trucks?
Handicap trucks are specially designed trucks who those who are in wheelchair. So manufacturers make few changes in the normal trucks to make it convenient for the person in the wheelchair driving the truck comfortable and safe. The modifications that are made by manufacturers to convert the normal trucks to handicap trucks are as follows:
1. The floor is lowered in order to adjust the space for the wheelchair.
2. The seating arrangement of the vehicle undergoes modification.
3. A few external accesses are added to the truck such as a wheelchair ramp or a powered lift to make driving comfortable for the person in wheelchair.
4. Adjustments are made in the vehicle to allow access from the side or from the rear.
5. High technology driving aids are also adapted to the vehicles.
What are the salient features of handicap trucks?
Some of the basic features of handicap trucks are as follows:
1. The rear door is easily accessible with power lifts.
2. There are emergency front doors for use.
3. Wheelchairs of 27 -28 inches can be accommodated.
4. Safety and security measures in case of difficult weather situations are available.
5. Wheelchair ramps and powered lifts are added to the vehicle.
6. There are also power kneeling features.
7. Seats for both the driver and the passenger can be removed to accommodate wheelchairs.
8. Hand controls for accelerator, brake and clutch are adapted to the trucks for drivers who do not have enough foot strengths.
9. The floors are also lowered in such a vehicle.
10. The roofs are also lowered for safety purposes.
What are the safety and comfort features in the wheelchair trucks?
All the wheelchairs vehicles that are manufactured in the US are designed to meet the safety standards of US governments for the all those who are unable to have proper control. The trucks are engineered to meet the standards as health security becomes the primary motive. All the wheelchair vehicles be it a truck, SUV, minivans, vans, scooters, etc are designed to provide safety and security to the passengers as well as the drivers.
Along with safety comes comfort. All wheelchair vehicle companies have a huge range to comfort products for the customers who buy the vehicles. The customers can install or customize the vehicles according to their needs and satisfaction.
Visit handicap truck page http://www.betterlifemobility.com/Accessible-Vehicles/Trucks at Better Life Mobility webpage and check how they can help choose vehicle for you. More on http://www.betterlifemobility.com/
Contact Person: Mo Abusham
E-mail: [email protected]
BETTER LIFE MOBILITY CENTERS
Address: 8130 Parkway Dr.La Mesa, CA 91942
Tel/Fax: 888 540 8267