It's the greatest irony in case of women that they wanted to be thin from every part of body, but they never wanted to hear the word thin in reference of their hairs. So any of the ladies if you've been shedding more than usual, it's not too late yet to save your strands.
Well many of our lifestyle issues from what we eat to how we style our hair affects the strength of hair fibers. Getting a thicker and shiny hair is just about making a few simple tweaks to daily lifestyle. Following are the worst habits that make hair thinner, and their remedies to get them out of daily routine.
1. Taking steamy showers: This is one of the different bad habits that make hair thinner. Hot water leads to dry, brittle hair and dehydrates the strands that's make them more prone to fall. Hot water washes off the hair's protective oils and throws scalp's pores into overdrive to keep up with oil production. This can lead to additional shedding and damages the root.
Save your strands: Opt for a warm shower by lowering to few degrees, and try to rinsing hair with the coolest temperature possible.
2. Using hot styling tools: High temperatures damage the proteins that make up your hair and its protective cuticle. Once the cuticle is damaged, the hair become more prone to breakage and the moisture balance is disrupted.
Save your strands: Limit the hot tool usage. Avoid using blow-dryer for some time and allow hairs to dry naturally. Always apply a heat-protection spray, which will create a thermal barrier to reduce friction and thus protects hair from damaging.
3. Crash Dieting: Starving will produce the less amount of energy and that too will be used in essential functions like helping your heart and brain work and will not be used in making hair growth. This will not allow the nourishment to reach to the focillies and will thus make them more prone to breakage. It is regarded as one of the bad habits make hair thinner.
Save your strands: A healthy diet with plenty of minerals and proteins will help in making good quality hairs. These can be found in fish, chicken, and beans. A less amount of calorie will adversely affect your hair growth.
4. Mishandling wet hair: Hair strands are more prone to breakage and are fragile when they're saturated with water. This happens because the protective cuticle is slightly raised. Brushing or combing locks in the hair, and towel-drying, leads to the perfect storm for snapping them off.
Save your strands: One can minimize after shower brushing. Rub hair with a soft towel after your shower.
5. Wearing tight hairstyles: This is among one of the common different bad habits that make hair thinner. Tight ponytail or braid puts excessive tension on the hair follicles, damaging them and creating scars that destroy them permanently. This can also lead to traction alopecia, a condition that makes it impossible for hair to grow and permanently weakens the follicle.
Save your strands: Loosen up your hair style. Try having hair down whenever possible especially during sleep.
6. Scratching your head: Itchy scalp is the major cause for hair loss. As the scratching induced hair damage, making the hair fiber more prone to breakage.
Save your strands: Use a shampoo that contains zinc pyrithione, selenium, to avoid itching.
7. Soaking up the sun: Hair can be damaged to a great extent by exposing to UV rays, which eat away elasticity and strength of hairs. Prolonged UV exposure makes hair to weaken and break resulting in breakage. These bad habits make hair thinner and dull.
Save your strands: Wear a built-in UV protection hat whenever possible. This will let your hairs less prone to UV exposure reducing chances of breakage.
Read about Herbal Hair Care Oil. Also know Natural Dandruff Remedy. Read about Herbal Treatment For Hair Loss.