Posted September 15, 2019 by FunnelEdge
Learning how to choose paint colours can help homeowners achieve the right look and mood for their home.
The wall colour in a space will have in impact on how the room looks and how it makes us feel. This is why you naturally feel more relaxed in some rooms, and more energized or even uneasy in others. When it’s time to paint your house, enlisting the help of painters in Milton can help you choose the right colours for your space.Here are 9 tips for choosing paint colours:
1. Learn the paint colour lingo. Do some research online and learn what terms like warm, cool, hue, shade, saturation and intensity mean. This will help in your paint choosing process.
2. Use the colour wheel. A colour wheel is an excellent tool for testing out two or more paint colours with each other. It can help you find a desirable colour palette for your painting project.
3. Determine the mood of the space. For calm and relaxing spaces, choose cool and soft neutrals. For energetic and social spaces, contrasting, warm colours will work.
4. Test out your top picks. Purchase samples of your top colour choices and test them out on a poster board at home. You can also paint the samples right on the wall to see how they look.
5. Make sure each room colour flows into the next. If you have different wall colours in adjacent rooms, they must have good flow. This is especially important if you can see the wall colour when in the room beside it.
6. Choose the right finish. Typically, eggshell or matte finishes are used for the wall and a semi-gloss finished is used for the trim. You can also use a semi-gloss in rooms that experience more moisture like the bathroom.
7. Consider the lighting. Lighting will play a drastic role in how your paint colour looks. Consider how the paint colour will look in both natural lighting and under the illumination of your light fixtures.
8. Consider the colour of furniture and décor. Choose a paint colour that will go well with your furniture and design accents. Consider that a brightly coloured rug or couch can alter the wall colour slightly.
9. If you want to sell, keep it neutral. If you are painting your home to sell, always choose light, neutral colours. Whites, beiges, greys and light natural tones are known to appeal to the greatest number of people.
Painting your home can improve aesthetics and boost property value. Paint will also protect your walls and give homeowners a space they feel most comfortable in.
Platinum Pro Painters is a residential and commercial painting company in the Greater Toronto Area. They offer interior painting services, as well as cabinet refinishing, stair and riser painting, ceiling painting and other professional painting services. They are highly skilled, experienced, fully insured and offer a warranty on workmanship. For more information, visit www.platinumpropainters.com.