Children develop at distinct levels, making it difficult to know if a child is overweight or not. However, you can tell whether your kid is overweight by simply establishing Body Mass Index (BMI) The Body Mass Index depends on weight as well as height measurements to tell the amount of fat in your body. As a matter of fact, small children develop obesity issues starting from the age of two.
Though BMI is an ideal indicator, it is known to mislead in certain circumstances. For instance, BMI can be quite complex to analyze especially during puberty a time when the children are undergoing periods of fast growth.
What are the causes of obesity and weight problems in kids?
Being aware on how children turn out to be overweight or obese is a key step geared towards interfering with the cycle. A number of children`s overweight cases were simply caused by overeating or by eating plus doing low exercise.
There is no doubt that children are to be given ample food to enhance superb development and health. However, consumption of more calories than their body can burn during the day enhances weight gain. To stimulate weight loss in such a case, you should ensure that your child takes in calories that they are capable of burning completely during the day.
There a number of factors that facilitates the imbalance between calories out and calories in. They include;
* Readily available cheap, junk food as well as high calories food
* Children taking in high sugar amounts that are integrated into sweetened drinks and then concealed in a range of foods.
* Most schools have eradicated or are in the process of eliminating the physical education program which would literally help the children lose some of the extra pounds.
* The time to actively play out the door has been reduced and today children spend substantial time on laptops as well as TVs Trying to play some video games.
* Busy family schedule making families to take their meals from the hotel rather than cooking at their home.