The global automotive refinish coatings market is expected to reach USD 14.88 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for automotive refinish coatings as they improve the durability and enhance the appearance of vehicles will fuel market growth over the next eight years. Furthermore, aging of vehicles, rising demand for repair, maintenance, and aftermarket modifications will augment product demand over the forecast period.
The waterborne technology was valued at USD 3.40 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness significant rise on account of excellent heat resistance, adhesion, and abrasion properties. Furthermore, its advantage over solvent borne coatings including less toxicity, less flammability, and reduction of air emissions will propel market growth over the forecast period.
The basecoat is expected to witness significant revenue rise at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2016 to 2024 over the forecast period as it provides color, decorative effects and exterior aesthetic to vehicles.Increasing demand for solid basecoats in motorcycles, trucks and cars owing to the ease of application coupled with basic color effect will increase industry size.
Browse full research report on Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/automotive-refinish-coatings-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• Global automotive refinish coatings market demand was 916.4 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to witness high gains in light of growing vehicle sales in China, India, and Mexico
• Acrylics was a prominent segment and accounted for 21.1% of the overall volume in 2015. The product will show growth in light of its high usage in waterborne technology. Furthermore, superior properties including resistance to stain, blistering, cracking, and extreme temperatures will fuel its demand over the forecast period.
• North America accounted for 22.8% of the global revenue share in 2015 and is expected to witness significant gains in light of growing need for repair, maintenance, and customization over the upcoming years.
• Latin America will witness significant revenue growth at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2016 to 2024 as a result of increasing automotive vehicle sales in Argentina, Brazil, and Columbia. Prevalence of road accidents along with the growing trend of recreational vehicles in Brazil will fuel industry expansion.
• Automotive refinish coatings industry is dominated by key participants including BASF, Axalta Coating Systems, PPG Industries, AkzoNobel, and Sherwin-Williams. Ongoing product development by various companies to manufacture high-performance and cost-efficient coatings is expected to augment product consumption over the next eight years.
• In December 2015, PPG Industries in collaboration with Asian Paints introduced product line of environment base high performance waterborne automotive refinished paint in Sri Lanka to expand the customer base
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
Grand View Research has segmented the global automotive refinish coatings market on the basis of resin type, technology, product, vehicle age, and region:
Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Resin Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Technology Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Vehicle Age Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-automotive-refinish-coatings-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Read our blogs - legalworkshop.org, grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals