What Are the Characteristics That a Long Range Surveillance Camera Needs for Homeland Security?
Homeland security has many different applications. Some of them require low to mid-range cameras, while others need long range cameras. Some only need white light surveillance, while others need thermal surveillance. But the most important factor is to use the alternatives that can bring the best results. As for a long range surveillance camera, it needs to fulfill three requirements to be able to fulfill the needs of homeland security applications.
• Thermal surveillance. Most applications that need long-range monitoring will also have to deal with some form of weather that will reduce normal visibility. It must also be able to film through low light as well. One of the best solutions for these problems is to include the possibility of filming through using infrared technology. This will ensure that the surveillance will go on 24 hours/day without stopping.
• Clear and detailed image. Another important factor is the quality of the image. Especially for long range surveillance, the quality of the image is essential. You need to be able to see as many details as possible. For example, you should be able to easily calculate the number of enemies from the surveillance film. You should also be able to follow high-speed devices without losing the quality of the image.
• Long-range without losing quality. Only the best cameras will be able to offer a long enough range of surveillance to satisfy the needs of homeland security applications. If the camera can zoom in long distances, but the quality of the image is lost, then you risk losing essential details that may cause harm due to lack of preparation. So, you need to make sure that the camera has a long enough range, and it also does not lose the clarity of the image. The same applies to normal surveillance as well as for the thermal one.
Why Is Osiris the Best Platform of Long Range Cameras?
Osiris is a platform for https://silentsentinel.com/expertise/homeland-security/ long range cameras that is compatible with a multitude of sensor technologies. It is a very accurate platform, having an accuracy of up to 0.002°. So, it is one of the best platforms that can be used for applications that require mid to long range camera. Besides homeland security, it can also be used for maritime, aviation, and highways applications. The Osiris platform can be used in a myriad of ways. It has a 360° rotation, tilt and pan abilities of up to 100°/s, and its customization abilities.
The 3 most popular options for this platform are:
• Osiris ranger. It includes uncooled thermal technologies that make this model perfect for mid-range applications. You can choose from several options of zoom lenses that are up to 225mm. Its capabilities are incredible for a mid-range model. It can offer a clear hp image for up to 500m. Its thermal capabilities are also good because it can detect humans from up to 4.9km and vehicles for more than triple the distance. This model also includes a wiper that will ensure that the camera is always clean, and the image is as clear as possible.
• Osiris ranger LR. This model is very similar to the one presented above. It has some small differences and one big improvement. It is based on the advanced uncooled technology, which makes it a long range surveillance camera. The best technology for long range thermal surveillance is the cooled version. But the advanced uncooled thermal technology can bridge the gap between the uncooled and cooled technologies. So, it is capable to offer almost the same results as a cooled camera, but at a much lower cost.
• Osiris Signal Light Gun. This model includes a white, red or green LED illumination. Its normal camera has a slightly lower quality than the other models. But you can also choose to use the uncooled thermal technologies and get the same level of thermal surveillance as the Osiris range model. All you need to do is to make your choice based on the requirements of your applications.
3 Advantages of Using an Osiris Long Range Surveillance Camera for Homeland Defense!
Osiris is not your only choice. You can use another https://silentsentinel.com/product-range/osiris/ long range surveillance camera as well. But this platform has three advantages that may make you choose it from its other competitors.
• Variety. The Osiris platform has a variety of models from which you can choose from. It is a very big advantage that will help you customize the cameras as much as possible to fit your applications’ requirements. Instead of using vastly superior and expensive cameras for purposes that do not need such capabilities, it is better to find the right model and the right price for what you need. Budgeting is essential, especially in the homeland security field, where the costs for every tool are expensive. The better you make your choices, the higher the security level will be.
• Inexpensive. As mentioned above, the uncooled and advanced uncooled thermal technologies have a lower price and cooled thermal cameras. Although their capabilities are not as good as the cooled versions, the advanced uncooled technologies come very close to it. So, if your applications do not require the top-notch thermal surveillance, then it is in your best interest to use the Osiris models. You will get satisfactory results and use the rest of the money for other important purposes.
• Adaptable. Lastly, the Osiris platform is very adaptable. When you need to make changes, you can simply switch the used technologies to accomplish the new requirements. By doing this, you will not only be able to save the money needed to buy other long range cameras, but you can also increase the efficiency of the tasks. Your waiting time will be much lower than waiting for the new cameras to arrive.