Dr. Salman Alhajri is an international artist, graphic designer and researcher in the field of visual arts. Academically he is an assistant professor of Graphic Design, at the Department of Art Education at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman. In 2005 Alhajri graduated from the University of Technology, Sydney with MsDesign. In 2013 he graduated with a PhD from School of The Arts of Loughborough University, UK. In 2014, he won a bronze award of design in the world's largest design competition in Italy “A' Design Award & Competition”. Alhajri participated in many local and international exhibitions and conferences. He took a part in presenting lectures in arts and design conferences in Chicago, London, Glasgow, Kobe (Japan), Croatia, Rome, Kuwait, Bahrain, Amman and many others. Nationally, Alhajri is a member in the Omani Society of Fine Arts and the Youth Studio as well as a member in many technical, scientific and academic Internationale institutions. He presented his own artistic style, experiences, philosophy with a contemporary vision that is distinguished by its simplicity, color harmony, composition and the influential ability. His work is distinguished also by the diversity of the arts practices including abstract, expressive, digital art, and Arabic calligraphy. His designs and artworks represent Omani culture, people and heritage in several of forms. His artworks collected by several governmental and privet institutions, and individuals including, Muscat International Airport, Qasr Al Alam, The Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center, at Sultan Qaboos University, The Sultan Qaboos Mosque in Sohar, Dhofar Municipality Salalah, and Prince Charles, and many more.
• Visual artist, graphic designer and researcher in the field of visual arts
• Born in 1978
• Assistant Professor of Art and Graphic Design, Department of Art Education at Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
• 2013 PhD in art and graphic design Education from Loughborough University, UK
• 2005 Master of Design from the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
• 2001 Bachelor of Education (Art Education) Department of Art Education, Sultan Qaboos University
The most recognized awards:
• December 2017- won the 1st award in the 12th annual exhibition of Arabic Calligraphy and Script Calligraphy, of Omani Society of Fine Arts.
• November 2016- won the 2nd award in the 1st annual exhibition Graphic Design of Omani Society of Fine Arts.
October 2016- won the jury award in the 24th annual exhibition of Omani Society of Fine Arts.
• October 2015 won the prize of the committee in a piece of artwork in the field of graphic design, in the ninth exhibition of small artworks in the Omani Society of Fine Arts.
• 2014– Bronze A' Design Award Winner for Arts, Crafts and Ready-Made Design Category in 2013-2014, Italy.
• 2013 – Won the First Graphic Design Award in the 8th Calligraphy & Script Calligraphy Annual Exhibition 2013.
• 2013 – Won the First Prize in the graphic design division of the Small Artwork Exhibition competition, Omani Society for Fine Arts.
• 2009 – Won a competition as a finalist in the 14th International Biennial Print Exhibition, ROC, organised by National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
• 2009 – Won a competition as a finalist in the International Aesthetica Creative Works Competition Art Category, organised by Aesthetica Magazine, UK.
• 2008 – Won a competition for best research poster on the Creative Interdisciplinarity in Art & Design Research Conference, Loughborough University, UK.
• 2008 – madalya of participating at the 21st Annual Festival of Plastic Art (Mahras) Tunisia.
• 2000 – 1st Prize at the 13th Gathering of Arabic Scout Rovers in Kuwait.
• Many of participating and appreciations certificates from different Omani institutions.
• 1 Feb - 15 March, display 11 of my original artworks at Bastah Majan Coffee Shop, Muscat.
• 6-13 December, the 12th annual exhibition of Arabic Calligraphy and Script Calligraphy, of Omani Society of Fine Arts.
• 20 November - 20 January, 2018 the 25th Annual Grand Art Exhibition of OSFA, The Omani National museum.
• 2017 – October 23rd to 25th, Group Exhibition of International Conference: Urban Primacy and Traditional Urban Fabric in Sultanate of Oman, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman.
• 2017 – August 06th - 10th, The 4rd Solo Exhibition "Digital Arts" at SALALAH TOURISM FESTIVAL, Salalah, Dhofar Governorate, Oman.
• 2017 – July 24th - 26th, group Art Exhibition, Paint for peace’ , Oman International Exhibition Centre of Sohar, 2017, Oman.
• 2017 – February, group Art Exhibition, Irtiqa’ , Muscat Festival 2017, Oman.
• 2016 – December, group Art Exhibition, Leqa’ , Tunisian Embassy In Muscat, Oman.
• 2016 –The 1st annual exhibition of Graphic Design of OSFA.
• 2016 – November, The 24th Annual Exhibition of OSFA, Muscat
• 2016 – November, group Art Exhibition, Draw for Peace, India Embassy In Muscat, Oman.
• 2016 – November, group Art Exhibition, Islam and the world, Sultan Qaboos Higher Centre for Culture and Science
• 2016 – September,The 11th Annual Arabic Calligraphy Exhibition 2016, (OSFA), Muscat.
• 2016 – May, The 2nd solo exhibition of Salman Alhajri (Closer to the Dream) Bait Al Zubair, Muscat.
• 2016 – March, group Art Exhibition, modern arts salon, Cultural Club, Muscat.
• 2015 – 9th Small Artworks Exhibition (OSFA), Muscat.
• 2015 – September, The 2nd solo exhibition of Salman Alhajri, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat.
• 2014 – November, The 22nd Annual Exhibition of OSFA, Muscat.
• 2014 – The 8th Small Artworks Exhibition (OSFA), Muscat, from 21 to 27 Oct.
• 2013 – The 17th Youth Exhibition of fine arts, (OSFA), Muscat.
• 2013 – The 8th Calligraphy & Script Calligraphy Annual Exhibition 2013, (OSFA), Muscat.
• 2013 – Small Artworks Exhibition (OSFA), Muscat.
• 2013 – Group exhibition (Majan), The Cultural Club, Muscat.
• 2012 – Wall Painting 2012 of Ghalya’s Musem of Modern Art, Matrah, Muscat.
• 2008 – The 3rd Annual Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphy (OSFA).
• 2006 – The 10th Annual Youth Exhibition (Ibda'a Wa'ed) (OSFA).
• 2006 – The 1st Annual Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphy (OSFA).
• 2006 – Group Exhibition of Art Education Teachers, Al Mudaybi, Ash Sharqiyah North Governorate.
• 2000 – The art exhibition associated with The Celebration of the First Visit of His Majesty to Sultan Qaboos University.
• 2000 – Group exhibition, 'Lineaments from Omani nature', Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, The 6th Salalah Festival, Salalah, Oman.
• 2000 – Group exhibition associated with the 4th and 5th Annual Muscat Book Fairs.
• 1997 – Group exhibition, Ibra Technical College, Ibra.
• 1996 – The 9th Annual Exhibition of Omani Artists, Sur.
• 1996 – Group of Artists Exhibition, Ash Sharqiyah Governorate (Ibra, Sur, Jaalan).
• 1994 – The 1st Exhibition of Bidiya’s Artists, Bidiya Sports and Cultural Club.
For more details on our products and services, please feel free to visit us at digital arts, Calligraphy art, Salman Alhajri, Omani Artist, Arabic Calligraphy