SAN FRANCISCO, CA, May 30, 2013 -- Greenlots, the leading provider of open standards-based network management solutions for electric vehicle (EV) charging, today announced the introduction of Greenlots SKYTM v3.0, the latest release of its comprehensive platform for site hosts and EV drivers. Based on Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP), the largest open communications standard between charging stations and network management software, Greenlots SKY offers site hosts:
· The option to easily mix and match charging stations from different manufacturers
· The ability to switch network management providers without replacing charging stations, avoiding “vendor lock-in”
· A future proof solution that eliminates the risk of “stranded assets” if a network management provider goes out of business
Additionally, SKY v.3.0 integrates with charging stations from leading manufacturers to enable, slow, medium and fast charging stations, providing innovative features for network management, billing, fleet management and smart grid/utility optimization.
Greenlots launched its first electric vehicle charging systems in Singapore in 2008, and over the last five years has successfully installed systems in 13 countries with Fortune 1000 enterprises, governments, utilities, EV fleets, retailers, OEMs and consumers. Built on open standards, the Greenlots SKY network operator platform and mobile app allow users to track, bill, pay, manage and optimize their charging needs.
Greenlots works to match charging station hardware to cutting-edge driver and network operator applications based on the Open Charge Point Protocol standard. The results are a highly customizable charging system suited for a diverse range of uses, including:
· Workplace charging for single site or campus applications
· Smart grid and utility applications utilizing SEP2, OpenADR, and HomePlug Green PHY
· Multi-family residential units, retail, or public locations including airports, supermarkets and parking garages
· City or neighborhood networks
· EV fleets
· Residential and private use
Greenlots is expanding its services throughout North America with additional installations coming on line this summer. For example, Autodesk, a leading provider of 3D design and engineering software, will be using its charging stations at two San Francisco Bay Area locations. Through the support of the Autodesk Clean Tech Partner Program, Greenlots has used Autodesk software to design and test its EV charging systems.
Greenlots SKY v3.0 can be integrated into an ERP system or run as a Software as a Service subscription, and includes a mobile application for drivers. The new platform offers:
· Network management software for real-time monitoring, remote network management access control, pricing optimization and analytics reporting
· Billing and driver solutions including flexible, mobile-enabled payment support (prepaid, subscription or pay-per-use), user profile management, usage and payment history management, and mobile search and maps for charging station locations
· EV fleet management for optimizing usage of plug-in hybrid and fully-electric fleet vehicles
· Smart grid and utility optimization with support for SEP2, OpenADR and HomePlug Green PHY. Greenlots SKY actively works to extend load control demand and response through integration with major telematics platforms and third-party networks
“As the EV sector evolves, site hosts and drivers have become much more sophisticated and are seeking to avoid proprietary networks that limit flexibility,” said Ron Mahabir, CEO, Greenlots. “The third generation of our Greenlots SKY platform makes the installation and management of charging stations not only easy, but also cost effective and future proof. We’re excited to offer a truly open network for the North American and Asia Pacific markets.”
The Greenlots SKY 3.0 platform is available now. For network operators and EV drivers interested in learning more, please visit: www.greenlots.com.
Tweet this: @Greenlots announces EV open standards platform and mobile application
Follow Greenlots on Twitter at https://twitter.com/greenlots
Greenlots designs and delivers charging networks for electric vehicles, with installed systems in 13 countries. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Singapore and was the first to introduce open standards-based charging using the Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) to site hosts, network operators and EV drivers in North America and the Asia Pacific regions. The company’s network operator platform, Greenlots SKY, is provided for utilities, municipalities, EV manufacturers and distributors and other businesses to install, own and operate their own EV charging network. Greenlots’ charging solutions are designed to be affordable, easy to install, convenient to use, networked and global. For more information, please visit: www.greenlots.com
The Ventana Group