Delhi University School of Open Learning (DU SOL) allows students to take admission in its undergraduate and postgraduate programs each year. Similarly, for the session 2018-2019, the application forms for the admission test have already been out. Check out all the details here.
Gurgaon, Haryana, India - Undergraduate and postgraduate programs in DU SOL are two of the most sought-after courses in India. Hence, DU conducts admission test every year to allow interested students take admission for various courses. The DU SOL Admission 2018-19 for undergraduate programs has started from 10th August, and the last date for fee submission is set to 31st August. Candidates failing to do so would have to pay an extra Rs 100 by 15th September if they wish to take part in the admission process.
To register for both the PG and UG courses, one must do the following:
● Create an account in the official website- www.sol.du.ac.in, fill in the application form, submit all the necessary documents (photocopy, mark sheets, caste certificates, and etc.), pay the fees and submit the form.
● SC/ST/PWD candidates need to pay Rs 250 for the form whereas general candidates need to pay Rs 500 for the same.
The procedure to register for both the UG and PG courses are almost similar baring the eligibility criteria. Hence, one must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the admission process.
For UG courses, the eligibility criteria are listed below.
● B. A and B.com- 40% or above marks is required in 12th grade (the percentage is calculated as per 12th board rule.)
● B.A Honours, political science- 50% aggregate marks in any one of the qualifying exams including at least one language and three other subjects (barring the vocational streams.)
● B.A, English Honours- 65% aggregate marks in any one of the qualifying exams or 75% in the main English language or 65% in elective English+3 academic subjects (barring the vocational streams.)
● B.com Honours- 60% aggregate in a vocational or technical stream with commerce, or 55% of marks in aggregate.
For PG courses, eligibility criteria are listed below:
● M.A (Hindi)- B.A (Hons): 65% marks for general category and 58.5% marks for the OBC category and admission for the other reserved categories will be done per University rules.
● M.A (History)- B.A (Hons): scoring 60% in the DU history examination.
● M.A (Pol. Science)- B.A (Hons): scoring 60% marks in the DU political science examination.
● M.A (Sanskrit)- B.A (Hons): Scoring 60% marks in Sanskrit from DU university. For SC/ST/PWD, the minimum eligible score is 54%.
● M.Com: 65% aggregate marks (General), 58.5% (OBC), 60% (PWD and CW), minimum passing marks (SC and ST), or 70% aggregate marks (general), 63% (OBS), 65% (CW and PWD), minimum passing marks (SC and ST).
Once the candidates submit the application forms, admit cards will be available for download from 30th September. Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam hall for DU SOL Admission 2018-19. The date of examination and the results are yet to be declared by DU.
804, Park Centra, Block A, Sector 30, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122003