making for one of the best hill stations in the country. The places like Mount Abu and Udaipur are the major tourist attractions during summers as they offer pleasant temperatures, picturesque sights and innumerable lakes that cool the temperatures further. Nestled in a small serene valley, there is this tiny town by the name of Ranakpur. And what makes it truly great is the historical and cultural value of this place, which is best perceived in its Chaturmukha Jain Temple, which is one of the biggest and oldest Jain temples in the world, people from all over the world come to see this amazing marble marvel. Here are a few fascinating facts about Ranakpur:
1. Ranakpur Jain Temple is the central point in the town of Ranakpur and is almost 700 years old.
2. All the parts of this huge edifice, from walls to pillars to floors are intricately carved, and no two carvings are the same.
3. There is a Surya Narayan Temple situated within the temple complex which is almost 200 years older than rest of the temple.
4. There are many temples like Muchhal Mahavir Temple or Falna Jain Temple nearby, which serve as great tourist attractions in Ranakpur.
5. There are other Ranakpur tourist places that attract the attention of tourists, like Ranakpur Dam, Thandi Beri, Kumbhalgarh Fort and Kumbhalgarh National Park (nearby).
6. Having an authentic traditional Rajasthani lunch or dinner is a great way to spend time at Thandi Beri, which is a forest lodge.
7. Ranakpur sightseeing is not limited to the temples and natural scenic beauty. There are a lot of great activities to experience like Heritage train Ride, or local farmer’s market and Raika home visit.
8. Treading the Tirthankara trail is one of the most interesting adventure to take part in Ranakpur
9. There are many hotels in Ranakpur Rajasthan, but Mana Ranakpur is closest to the Jain Temple and also offers fun activities to the guests of all age groups.
10. Mana Hotel is situated near a lake, which gives the visitors a beautiful lake view from upper floors.
11. Mana Ranakpur entertains its guests with puppet show and Bollywood nights.
12. Mana Hotel also offers Yoga sessions and High Tea at Ranakpur dam, hot air balloon ride, pottery and cooking classes for its guests.
All these interesting facts are made more special by the hospitality of the local people who are very simple, helpful and kind, and they make it a point to give you the happy memories that you’ll cherish for the rest of your life.
So, go and visit this hidden away treasure of a town for the weekend or more and see for yourself the traditional, historical and cultural grandeur of this little town, and stay at Mana Ranakpur hotel for the unparalleled hospitality.