[Toowong, 19 May, 2016] – Started as a single-storey establishment in 1874, the Regatta Hotel witnessed some of the most iconic moments in Australia’s history. The hotel has withstood a number of natural disasters including fire and floods and also faced changes over the past century.
After the flood that invaded Brisbane back in 2011, the hotel needed renovations, and so, the $10 million restoration commenced. This opened new features such as the Front Bar, Street Café, Gaming Room, Courtyard and the Boatshed.
The Regatta Hotel has different venues available for any event, from posh celebrations to more intimate ones, such as weddings.
Private Function Rooms
Restaurants with private dining rooms are rare finds, especially in Brisbane. The ones available at the Regatta Hotel offer quality service, as well as a wide variety of venues to choose from no matter the size.
They have six private function rooms, including:
• The Winterford Room – This is the most popular function room available. It overlooks both the Coronation Drive and the Brisbane River. The room in its boardroom style can accommodate up to 16 people. But, when in its banquet style, it can accommodate up to 24 people. It features audio visual equipment, as well as a black marble bar.
• The Gazzard Room – For a more intimate dining experience, the Gazzard Room is the corporate clients’ top choice. It gives guests access to the veranda. The boardroom style seats 10 guests, while the banquet style accommodates up to 16 guests.
• The Boatshed Restaurant – This is the most appropriate venue for large events such as business luncheons. This venue can house up to 220 people.
• The Henley Room – As the hotel’s premier function venue, it is famous for featuring a wine cellar. Located near the Boatshed, it is popular for its dark wooden features, as well as its audio visual equipment and surround sound.
• The Gailey Room – Slightly bigger than the Gazzard and Thornton Rooms, the Gailey Room offers more space to house more guests and bigger celebrations.
• The Thornton Room – Like the Gazzard Room, this venue gives guests access to their very own private veranda.
About The Regatta Hotel
A recipient of the Queensland Hotels Association’s “Hotel of the Year” award in 2013, the Regatta Hotel stands tall, more beautiful than ever, especially after the refurbishment following the floods in 2011. What drives the company to continue their services for more than a century are authenticity, passion for quality and excellent customer service.
For more information, interested clients may visit http://www.regattahotel.com.au.