For those who are in charge of a building project and are looking for sustainable and economical solutions for the work, a good eco-friendly and cost-effective option is bamboo flooring.
Parquet flooring offers many benefits in construction, but it also has its weaknesses. In this article, we will show you the advantages of bamboo flooring, so you can consider using this material in your construction.
What are the advantages of bamboo flooring?
Bamboo flooring has many good points for a building project, as listed below:
- The product easily accessible and easily replaced: Bamboo is a fast-growing and easy-to-renew plant: it is mature to the point where it can be worked like wood over three to five years. Trees whose wood is used for furniture and wood flooring are at the appropriate maturity from the age of twenty. Therefore, bamboo is more cost-effective than wood at this point.
- Floor easy to care for: No special product is required to clean and maintain strand woven bamboo flooring. A broom or vacuum cleaner and a cloth dampened with water followed by a dry cloth are sufficient for the care of this environmentally friendly material.
- Good water resistance: Bamboo flooring can better withstand water damage, deformation, and stains such as infiltration.
- A natural material that lives up to the philosophy of sustainability: Being sustainable has ceased and has become a lifestyle for many people who care about nature and the future of the planet. With this kind of thinking, bamboo is “joining the nature team” and being viable for a sustainable life.
- Affordable price: Solid bamboo flooring, when compared to another wood flooring, does not differ much in price. So bamboo has its competitive value because of its sustainable differential, offsetting your investment in this regard.
- High strength material: Bamboo is a plant known to be as strong as cement. Compared to other woods, a bamboo floor can stand as long as a red oak floor. Bamboo is a very strong material!
- Sophistication and elegance: Bamboo wood has its style, giving a unique look to the environment where it was inserted, something between rustic and luxurious.
- Easy to repair material: If over time the bamboo floor scratches, discolored or is damaged, the repair is easy and easy: just sand the material and apply a new finish on top and you are done.