Have a monitory need but don’t know how to fulfill it? The bank has a loan for every kind of need these days. Meet the one that can come to your rescue for those inexplicable expenses like a wedding, buying new gadgets, fulfilling certain personal obligations, taking care of medical expenses and so on. Meet, the personal loan.
These days, it is incredibly easy to get a loan that can cater to most of our needs. Moreover, we have a plethora of loans to choose from, depending upon our kind of need. Need to buy your dream home? You have home loans. Want to get that coveted degree? Go for an educational loan. Is your heart stuck on the new bike in the market? Get it with a vehicular loan. Fund home improvements, spend in wedding ceremonies, take care of your medical expenses even. Everything is possible with a loan, as long as you choose the right one that you can manage to repay without burning your pockets. And for certain expenses that cannot be defined in a box, you can avail a personal loan.
A personal loan can help out very well, when you are in immediate need of some finances. Personal loans are usually processed rather quickly, and the amount is transferred to your bank account in a jiffy. As easy as it sounds, we however need to be judicious about every financial decision. One wrong move can jeopardize our whole financial situation.
You therefore need to keep in mind, these very important pointers, while opting for a personal loan:
• Watch the interest rates: Because personal loans are not secured, they usually come with high interest rates. When we say that they are unsecured, we mean that you do not have to keep any assets as collateral to get a personal loan. A personal loan could be tricky to obtain, but there are many platforms that can help you through this procedure and get you the best possible deal/interest rate. Do seek the help of experts, if you cannot decide between applying for a loan with a fixed rate of interest or one with a variable rate of interest.
• Mind the penalty charges: When applying for a personal loan, you must know that in case you are unable to pay your dues on time, a heavy penalty would be charged on your loan. Before deciding on a loan, find out the clauses for the penalty that may be levied in such a situation. It is always good to be prepared for such unforeseen situations.
• Know your credit history: Before applying for a loan, ensure that you have a clean credit history. The bank that you are applying to, will check your credit score before sanctioning your loan. If there are any pending credit card payments, you must pay them off promptly before applying for a personal loan, or any loan for that matter. Your payment history will reflect in your credit history and will be a point of consideration when your loan application is being processed.
• Try to get good deals: When getting a personal loan, considering that the interest rates of this type of loan are already high, do hunt for the lowest possible interest rate available. There are online platforms that help you find the best deals on loans; use this technology that is at your easy disposal. You should also check the tenure of the loan. If you wish to pay your EMIs over a longer duration of time, you need to ensure that you go for a personal loan that offers the choice of paying back over a longer duration.
• Go through the clauses carefully: There aren’t many in a personal loan, however ensure that you read through all the clauses of the loan, or consult a professional who would take you through the clauses and has your best interest at mind.
• Know if you have to pay any fees: Even if the bank says that there is no processing fee, scrutinize this point carefully. If there is no processing fee, maybe there is an application fee. If yes, do compare these fees being charged by different banks, and choose the best possible offer.
Finally, ask yourself again, if you genuinely need the loan. It is always good to take some time to think this through and plan your finances carefully. When your need is genuine and you can afford to pay back the loan in time, apply for one after considering all the aforementioned points.
If you find this decision making rather overwhelming, you can always reach out to professionals who will help you choose the best loan for you and get you the best possible deal, all accessible from the comfort of your home.
For more details on our products and services, please feel free to visit us at Personal loans, Business loans, Home loans, Loan against property, Lap Loans