Rolex watches are made with extreme caution, taking into account every little detail. Such attention to quality is the reason Rolex has been effective in receiving the chronometer certified status for every single watch it sells. To be able to retain the perfection of those watches as accurate timekeeping devices, proper servicing is called for at an interval of five or more years. However, in the event of watches meant for divers such as the Rolex Submariner and the Sea-Dweller, it is advisable to select the watch to the Rolex Service Center each 18 months to check its watertight status.
In the instance of pre-owned Rolex watches, aside from precision in performance, the appearance of the watch can also be given prime importance. Because of this, each pre-owned Rolex, which we market, undergo a thorough refurbishment process to correct its decorative features as well as its own performance.
A Complete Overhauling Your Rolex at the Rolex Service Center
Rolex Service Centers are authorized facilities for servicing Rolex watches. They tackle a thorough overhauling process that starts with Visual Identification Inspection and ends at Quality Control. The servicing is performed only after a proper identification of the opinion is done for its look and functionality. Let's Take a closer look at the Actions taken from the overhauling process:
1. Visual Identification Inspection: It is a standard process for each Rolex Service Center to tackle the Visual Identification Inspection with the double objective to trace any stolen Rolex and also to recognize any counterfeit watch part. In either instance, the watch will be confiscated from the Service Center. In addition, if after market accessories are fitted to a Rolex, they're replaced with genuine Rolex parts while servicing to be able to guarantee the standard of the performance. Throughout the inspection, the watch's reference and serial numbers are recorded as well.
2. Thorough Diagnosis of Your Rolex: The analysis is done by an expert technician to identify any error related to the appearance or operation of your Rolex. The technician makes a list of all defects in order to fix them at the subsequent stages of the procedure when the servicing begins. A visual diagnosis promptly is accompanied by a testing for its timekeeping functionality. In this time, the watch is analyzed for accuracy, photo-mechanically in four (sometimes five) distinct positions for 24 hours. This extensive examination provides a crystal clear picture about the operational precision of your Rolex watch.
3. Servicing of this Movement and Other Crucial Rolex Parts: Servicing begins with the complete disassembling of the motion so that every complicated part can be cleaned thoroughly. Considering that the motion may contain lubricants that have hardened, a special solution is utilized which helps to alter this condition. The special solution also helps in dissolving any dirt particles that might have accumulated inside the movement. During this stage, all worn out parts and seals, such as the winding crown and the case tube, are substituted with genuine Rolex parts.
4. Cleaning and Polishing: The Oyster case and the bracelet are washed and hand-polished. The bracelet also receives repairs for any worn outside part, disjoint connections, or other defects. To keep the same criteria that Rolex follows while creating the watches, the Rolex Service Center cleans and polishes the watch using innovative ultrasonic technology.
5. Series of Quality Control Tests: Once your Rolex receives a thorough cleaning, polishing and servicing, then it has to pass a series of rigorous quality tests like pressure proof test and the timekeeping test. The pressure proof evaluation is ran on the Oyster situation with no movement inside. A distinctive tank, called a"Mariotte" meter and equipped with high tech electronic equipment, is used for this evaluation. Inside the tank, a vacuum air-pressure is made to check the watch in its ensured thickness. A similar evaluation is also conducted during the making of Rolex watches at their premises. As a direct consequence, once you support your Rolex at a Rolex Service Center, you can be sure of receiving the exact same quality on your watch for a brand new Rolex displays. After the opinion passes the pressure evidence evaluation, it's installed with all the movement, re-lubricated and analyzed for accuracy in timekeeping. If it shows any minor deviations, a special Rolex device known as the"Microstella Tool" is used to create micro adjustments to fix those deviations. Once this evaluation is also eliminated, the watch is prepared for a final pressure proof test in the Mariotte meter vacuum tank.
6. Final Quality Check by an Expert: Before handing over the watch to the customer, an expert technician makes a final quality review to ensure that the watch is totally free of each potential error, both in look and in operation.
Every Rolex Service Center charges overhauling or servicing charges by the client in the event the servicing of this watch does not fall in the warranty period. Once the servicing is completed and the payment received, they issue a one-year warranty on the serviced Rolex. This guarantee is accepted at every Rolex Service Center located across the globe. It is not recommended to go for the whole overhaul each single time you take your watch to a service center. Often, the condition of your watch simply requires partial servicing in the form of replacement of crystalclear, stem, crown or dial refinishing.
Refurbishment of Rolex Watches by Pre-Wwned Rolex Dealers
Famous pre-owned Rolex dealers additionally undertake a complete overhaul prior to offering any such watch for sale. They try to restore used Rolex watches to first Rolex specifications to ensure that they feel, look, and do no less than a brand new Rolex. By way of example, you will discover no blemish, moisture, scrape mark or dust indoors or outside watches. Apart from cleaning, lubricating and polishing the pre-owned Rolex watches from the inside and outside, a brand-new parabolic sapphire crystal is fitted with these to make them scratch resistant. A group of Rolex certified watchmakers oversee the cosmetic and operational features of these used Rolex watches and suggest modifications or replacements as needed.
From the process of refurbishment, no alterations are made to the center Rolex components; namely the case, that the caseback, around 150 small components from the movement, the winding stem and the dial. If you'd like, however, they provide numerous options from the outside cosmetic features such as bezel, bracelets, lugs, and dial surface by matching them with high quality diamonds. For instance, you might get a personalized diamond paved dial along with a bezel embedded with round cut diamonds or custom diamond lugs. Whatever you need your watch to be, we'll do our best to make this vision into a reality.