Injection mold manufacturing process and production process of other industrial products, are starting from raw materials through various processing into the whole process of the finished product. Many types of mold, its structure, purpose and requirements also vary, but their production processes also have in common, can basically be divided into five main stages: the production of technical preparation stage, the preparation stage of raw materials, parts and components processing stage, assembly and commissioning phase trial identification stage.
1. Production of technical preparation phase: This phase is the basis for the production of molds, molds for quality, cost, schedule, and management has a significant impact. Production technology stage work includes: Die overall design, preparation of component design, process technology files, develop, mold and other materials cost estimate of the fixed and fixed working hours.
2. The raw material preparation phase: This phase should all raw materials for the mold production and one ready. One of the most important work which is ready for all kinds of rough, because the type of injection mold, structural variety, raw materials required are very different, the blank is necessary according to the desired shape of the mold parts, process dimensions, materials, etc. to prepare , to be in the form of rough castings, forgings and under various forms material.
In addition, to complete a mold production, but also requires a lot of purchased parts and spare parts, such as fasteners, standard parts used in the assembly mold etc; factory can not produce or temporarily produce parts, such as templates, mold Block and so on. In short, it is necessary, among other raw materials production molds can be processed in the factory all ready
3. Parts Processing Stage: This stage is an important stage to ensure the accuracy of the mold, which mainly include: machining, special processing, surface processing and heat treatment. Machining is the use of cutting tools for metal materials processing. Is known, the mold is assembled from metal parts almost up. To get the parts comply with requirements of the drawings, the use of mechanical processing is its main tool. Therefore, the machining process is one of the most workload.
Followed by special processing, the structure of the mold rather special. Because plastic is a three-dimensional piece, it is shaped by a combination of male and female mold cavity derived. This cavity with a surface that is difficult to deal with the general machining, even if reluctantly working out, its quality is difficult to guarantee. Therefore, you need to use special processing, such as EDM. Electroforming processing. These special processing has become unavailable or mold indispensable processing methods
The third is the surface finish, the general requirements for plastic surfaces are high, requiring plastic surface gloss, rounded appearance, which requires corresponding cavity surface is very smooth and mellow, are generally due to the cavity surface, with usually difficult to guarantee the quality of machining, which requires specialized mold surface finish, mainly polishing, electrochemical polishing, ultrasonic polishing, pressing polishing, blasting polishing.
Fourth, heat treatment, injection mold production, all important parts to be heat-treated, and some parts have to deal with many times. Since heat is the primary means to change the properties of the metal material. As the mold is generally a single piece production, production costs a lot of money, people always want to make more use of it some time, so that the mold can require durable, and heat can be in part without changing the shape and size of the change in its internal organization and performance is important to ensure that the intrinsic quality of the parts method.
4. Assembly commissioning phase: This phase is to assemble the various parts together and debugged. The quality of assembly work, the quality of the mold walked decisive role. Assembly is a highly technical work, even a small mistake can make a little mold not produce qualified products to. Assembly is generally divided into the component assembly, parts assembly and final assembly, commissioning assembled, which is to adjust the relative positions of the parts, with the gap and structural tightness and so on. This is the key step is easy to use.
5. Try to identify stage: This stage is a good debugging mold mounted on the injection molding machine for trial, according to the design requirements for the operation, see the mold clamping, mold is flexible and meets the requirements, the quality of the resulting plastic article is qualified, thereby to identify whether the molds qualified. If accreditation, considered as a mold to complete this entire process of production