ATA Certified Translator

Posted June 30, 2016 by cinchtranslation

You may now be in the process of completing all the formalities for entering the United States after receiving a job offer.

You may now be in the process of completing all the formalities for entering the United States after receiving a job offer. You have probably been told what documents you need to submit to USCIS to get your visa approval such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate if applicable, medical reports and degree and diploma certificates. If your mother tongue is not English you will have to get all requested documents translated into English before you reach the final stages of your visa application and eventual approval.

If you are new to translating your documents, even if you are fluent in English, you are not permitted to undertake your own translations and must get someone from outside your immediate family to do the translations on your behalf. You have to be certain the translations are acceptable by USCIS standards as they require that you use a qualified translator. All you need to do is hire a translator who is prepared to write and sign a statement saying the translation is accurate. This signed statement will be needed to fulfil the USCIS requirements. Of course it is always in your best interest to check all the translations before you submit them to the USCIS as part of your application package.

U.S. law has not set any formal accreditation for translators but ATA, the American Translator’s Association, does hold courses and exams for eager translators who wish to gain work as a translator. If you want to be sure that you get the translation you deserve you should consider hiring an ATA certified translator who professes to be qualified to undertake translations at a high level.
There are some translators vying for work who have lived in an overseas country for a number of years and believe they have the qualifications to carry out translation work but they may not be good at more technical documents such as birth certificates, degree certificates and medical reports as a translator who has had some training, taken an exam and has gained an ATA membership and is considered to be an ATA certified translator.

Many people who use translation services often learn to trust those that are ATA certified translators as they are more committed to completing a good translation job which will be accepted by the USCIS.



3101 SW 34th Avenue
STE#905-453, Ocala
Telephone: (1) 855-938-7267

-- END ---
Share Facebook Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF DisclaimerReport Abuse
Contact Email [email protected]
Issued By cinchtranslation
Website ATA Certified Translator
Country United States
Categories Business
Tags ATA Certified Translator
Last Updated June 30, 2016