We want to smile in front of someone we like, however, you realize that your teeth are not perfect. We are very conscious when it comes to our teeth. A perfect set of teeth is a plus factor to boost our self-confidence. We probably need our dentist to help us fix our teeth. Most likely, our dentist will suggest a dental veneer.
As Wikipedia puts it, a dental veneer is a layer of material placed over a tooth; veneers improve the aesthetics of a smile and/or protect the tooth's surface from damage. You probably get what it looks like. Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length. You will need to discuss the best choice of veneer material for you with your dentist.
Where is Dental veneer used?
Dental veneers have long been used to create the total smile makeover. It can address these dental issues:
· Teeth discoloration - either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
· Teeth that are worn down – over time, we don’t expect that our teeth are as strong as when we were young. Eventually, as we age, our teeth will have its normal wear and tear.
· Broken or chipped teeth – maybe because of some accidents, we may have a chipped or broken tooth. We can easily fix this using a dental veneer.
· Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth- for example, a tooth that has craters or bulges in them. It’s easy to fix this using a dental veneer.
· Teeth gaps - to close the space between these teeth, a dental veneer is necessary. This is definitely not painful. Your dentist will get your tooth’s measurement and sculpt the desired shape in place.
If you are looking for a dentist in the Three Rivers Area that could help to solve your problem about those “not so perfect” teeth, visit Dr. Paul M. Blank, a Three Rivers dentist and get that perfect set of teeth. He has many years of experience when it comes to dental veneers. What are you waiting for? Come to the favorite veneer dentist in Three Rivers MI, Paul M. Blank, D.D.S, and contact us at 269-279-5278. Visit us and feel the difference!